Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Welders Wanted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Welders Wanted! Well, only one welder is wanted, to weld for me.

I've got a couple of the empty calorgas cannisters kicking around, and I wanted to convert one into a wood burner. Not being allowed anywhere near anything petrol powered for cutting, or anything hot I'm kind of stuck. Is there anyone down south (Southampton area) who has an angle grinder and can weld? I'm happy to cough up some wonga etc.

Cheers
(23 July 2012, 13:20)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]Welders Wanted! Well, only one welder is wanted, to weld for me.

I've got a couple of the empty calorgas cannisters kicking around, and I wanted to convert one into a wood burner. Not being allowed anywhere near anything petrol powered for cutting, or anything hot I'm kind of stuck. Is there anyone down south (Southampton area) who has an angle grinder and can weld? I'm happy to cough up some wonga etc.

Cheers
i've been after one of these(wood burner made out of a gas bottle) for years, had a very rough one when we lived in Glastonbury bought at a car boot for £20 but had to get rid of it when we moved back to Devon, so i'm looking for another one, just to keep as a backup in case of TSHTF.
(23 July 2012, 13:26)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(23 July 2012, 13:20)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]Welders Wanted! Well, only one welder is wanted, to weld for me.

Cheers
i've been after one of these(wood burner made out of a gas bottle) for years, had a very rough one when we lived in Glastonbury bought at a car boot for £20 but had to get rid of it when we moved back to Devon, so i'm looking for another one, just to keep as a backup in case of TSHTF.

Aye, I've got a frontier stove which I use in the bell-tent, but I'm after something I can leave in situ in the garden or move inside should I be without heating.

If I had a welder and angle grinder I'd give it a go myself, I want to incorporate a hot water tank & a flat surface for cooking (which is why it'll live next to the BBQ) but I'm a bit dangerous when it comes to powertools anyway, let alone an angle-grinder and a mig/tig welder...
(23 July 2012, 13:30)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]
(23 July 2012, 13:26)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Cheers

Aye, I've got a frontier stove which I use in the bell-tent, but I'm after something I can leave in situ in the garden or move inside should I be without heating.

If I had a welder and angle grinder I'd give it a go myself, I want to incorporate a hot water tank & a flat surface for cooking (which is why it'll live next to the BBQ) but I'm a bit dangerous when it comes to powertools anyway, let alone an angle-grinder and a mig/tig welder...
i 've never used an angle grinder or a welder myself and wouldn't know where to start plus gas bottles being under pressure!i'd like one with the pipe coming out of the back so the top can be used for cooking (as well as heating) in case of the power going off.

Ring round a few welders in your area. They're cheaper than you think, I had a chap come to the house to do a job and he charged £25 all in.
(23 July 2012, 15:22)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Ring round a few welders in your area. They're cheaper than you think, I had a chap come to the house to do a job and he charged £25 all in.

Thanks TOF! I never thought about going to someone professional. I better dig out the yellow pages (they do still exist right?)
(23 July 2012, 17:15)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.php?tid=1528

Cheers Tibbs!

I've seen that before, but I've been banned from anything that involves electricity or fire or explosives. I've been really good recently, but there have been 'incidents' in the past Angel