Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I'm Done.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4

This will probably be my last post. When I first joined the forums it was a survival and prepper orientated resource, with a mixed, if dysfunctional membership with both sexes represented. Over the last few weeks, things have taken a turn for the worse. Recently it seems Bug_out_Bag and I am the only regular female contributors. There is more than enough tinfoil flying about and conspiracies and unsubstantiated claims are more prevalent.
The general tone has degenerated to that of a workingmen’s club with foul language, and mysogynism becoming more frequent.
The level of general whinging beats that of a playschool outing.
There are fewer and fewer relevant threads being posted and those are generally posted by the same people time and again. Often these threads become a joke fest or are ridiculed.
The final straw was finding a thread on musical preference is considered ‘important’!
Maybe this is what everyone else wants, but speaking for myself, I no longer wish to be associated with things as they stand. I’ve tried hard but there are some things I just can’t ignore.
I’m truly sorry, SD. I know your philosophy is to not have a hands on moderation, but for me, things have got too ripe. It’s a great shame, this site is worth so much more.
Cheers, me dears.
T.
(24 July 2012, 21:39)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]This will probably be my last post. When I first joined the forums it was a survival and prepper orientated resource, with a mixed, if dysfunctional membership with both sexes represented. Over the last few weeks, things have taken a turn for the worse. Recently it seems Bug_out_Bag and I am the only regular female contributors. There is more than enough tinfoil flying about and conspiracies and unsubstantiated claims are more prevalent.
The general tone has degenerated to that of a workingmen’s club with foul language, and mysogynism becoming more frequent.
The level of general whinging beats that of a playschool outing.
There are fewer and fewer relevant threads being posted and those are generally posted by the same people time and again. Often these threads become a joke fest or are ridiculed.
The final straw was finding a thread on musical preference is considered ‘important’!
Maybe this is what everyone else wants, but speaking for myself, I no longer wish to be associated with things as they stand. I’ve tried hard but there are some things I just can’t ignore.
I’m truly sorry, SD. I know your philosophy is to not have a hands on moderation, but for me, things have got too ripe. It’s a great shame, this site is worth so much more.
Cheers, me dears.
T.

hi could you go into more detail ?
TOF,

Sorry to see you go. Keep watching though because people tend to change and when they do posts change as well.

Hope you at least got something from here.

SD
Good bye and take care.
take care TOF, pity to see you go.
The sticky title "important" was something I did not know that was going to happen when I made it a sticky, it was not made sticky because it was important, but because it was a good thread, a chance to get to know what others listen to, and yes I know this is not a music related forum, but I plan to prep music and do so, its one of the things post shtf I have a need for, and quite a few members posted so maybe they feel same way. I do get your point though TOF.

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
i agree with TOF, the forum is starting on that slippy slope where it becomes more of a social gathering place than an information exchange, theres nothing wrong with the odd light bit of banter in a thread but all to often some damn good threads soon descend into banality. Tis a real pity I I know and understand very well SDs light handed approach is good.
NR
sorry to here that TOF, but i think this is a cross section of preping some things i dont find that interesting, but other people do, preping is very serious way of life but we need distractions from, for me the music is not that inportent but to other people it is. the jokes make me smile and that is the way we are going to survive when or if the SHTF sorry to see you go TOF Sad
I said it months ago to many threads turn into a chat off the topic, or a joke followed by banta to friendly if you like; I would suggest we have an area for this, a general or non-survival zone.

I still am learning here which is what matters.

This forum seems to police itself quite well, in fact do we even have a mod team and who are they, most members would not even know and this is because the members are quite well balanced.

The Conspiracy types I see that to be quite low count, although maybe one or two very active members.

As for TOF well not good because we need these people here, the board needs to listen what makes a good contributor leave.
dont go TOF-we need you!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4