Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Another small but important snippet about Radio Security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Protecting our home / base / retreat is important as is having reliable radio comms not reliant on towers or networks, so in the medium range our techies rightly advise CB radio, and Ham kit for that longer reach some may need. And as I pointed out in another thread today keeping our investments and families safe is paramount.

But I will pass onto you a little incident that occured to me only a few months ago.

A chap came a calling and approached me in the street " Are you Mr Raider " he enquired which instantly saw my hand move towards my knife pocket !!! Smile. Anyway he turned out to be a lovely chap who is a prepper but chooses not to join in on forums, But the interesting bit was he worked out my location by piecing together various snippets about my lifestyle and with him originating from this area being a bit familiar with some of the places I mentioned. Which brought him within a mile of my house.

Then he just drove around till he spotted a bedroom window littered with various radio recievers and their aerials, and click he found me.

Though all he had to do was PM me and I would have invited him round anyway Smile

The point is keep those Comms Antennas and aerials out of sight.
This is always and issue and you ned to tae care about what you talk about.

I was involved in ..... My daughter won this medal ... I was working at this place ... I have a nice view of ....

it all adds up.

Loose lips sinks preppers.
What matters we are all on the books just by being members of these forums, we choose to join these type forums so on our heads be it.
(5 August 2012, 19:02)WetanCold Wrote: [ -> ]What matters we are all on the books just by being members of these forums, we choose to join these type forums so on our heads be it.

Agreed w&c

Officialdom can track us one way or another.

Loose words on here, and in radio coms over a ling peropd of time can allow lots of non-official persons to track us down as well.

LS
Even if officials do track us down, we have nothing to hide..So to speak, just a mass of tins and candles and sticky back plasters....
There are other sites/networks where info is plastered all over the place, Face book being one of them, If they want pics...go on face book, They want email addresses...go on Face book, They want places where you frequent...go on Face book....List of friends and family...Go on Face book....This site would be harder to extract any info about yourself if you are careful Smile
hell im closing my facebook accounts soon, then im going to delve into hacking so i can erase my entire "E-Footprint"...then im going to start using TOR, after getting into prepping more and more its surprising how paranoid you can get xD....although personally i dont mind meeting up with anyone from the forums, its alot easier to find out where people live, age, phone number etc. than you might think!

for instance, i was really really angry from being banned from a forum, 10 minutes later i had the home adress of the websites owner, home phone number, car make model and number plate, and various other details...all obtained legitimately!! its insane what piles up on the internet, the only way to be 100% sure is to never speak to anyone xD but simply minding what you say or adhering to a created alias shall do Smile

thanks for the heads up NR, its all too easy to forget how easy it is to leak information!
Run legal at home, keep your good gear elsewhere.
Rent a room from someone but don't use these storage facilities. Plod loves to search them and then you have to prove where your stuff came from to them. If they ain't happy it is confiscated.
personally i prefer to have buried caches that only i know about, its the only way i can be 100% sure that its hidden and wont be found, a good search will find anything anywhere if your name is down as owning or renting a place Smile

simple awareness is the best way to hide these things, those that dont care will reveal far too much Tongue but as long as you remember how public things are, you'll be fine!
Do what I do stay within the law, no illegal gear, books or shite like that , its just easier at the moment, but all bets are off if TSHTF.

I find it just much less stressful to stay on the right side of the law even if its often inconvenient or makes things harder. But I cant be a prepper caring for my family if I'm in the nick.

As for supplies of food, fuel, meds etc 90% of them are cached away from my home so they cannot sieze them from redistributing to chavs and non preppers cos they aint here.

Hell I dont even keep any of the contentious books any more i got rid of them in the nineties when the IRA muppets started buying them , as soon as the govt started prosecuting provos and Islamists for Possing materials likely to help terrorists I got rid of mine.
Pages: 1 2