Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Grains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spoke to one of the farmers here who sells Maize. He will sell dacks of food grade Maize directly to us if we are interested. I'm thinking of buying a couple of sacks is anyone else interested. Not sure I will do anything with it though. May try bread.
there are some great corn bread recipes online if you google basic corn bread recipe
cheers tigs ^^...depending on the size and price of these bags, and location, i may just have to buy some Big Grin
Well location is up nr Chester. I'll get some idea of the cost over the weekend.
I really have to move, this is starting to get annoying.
Dunno what you make with Maize, cept crop circles ??
erm corn bread , pop corn, polenta, whiskey , beer , vodka
That's fortunate, are you getting it after its been dried?
Looking online it will keep for many months if the storage temperature & moisture content is low
http://www.extension.umn.edu/specializat...080-FS.pdf
I cant seem to get it to grow up here because the season isn't long enough
it stores for years , corn was found in the pyramids, and archaeologist have grow crops from it they also made edible bread from it too
Just to clarify are we talking about bags of Maize as in "Sweetcorn" rather than bags of Wheat or Barley ?

I would be interested if it was wheat etc, not so much if it's sweetcorn

I blame it on me reading too many yank sites, different names for the same things, thats my excuse anyway

Pages: 1 2