Survival UK Forums

Full Version: BOB...Bug out bandana
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
when TSHTF who do we trust? How do we figure out the good guys from the bad?
If something happens to me, who could I turn to?
Here is a scenario... I have prepped for years, put a plan in place yet my bol has been found by the bad guys and for some reason, I couldn't defend myself properly(no g un)
I wander around the countryside in fear, alone and hungry.
I hear a noise and hide, A large, burly man walks in my direction with a g un, All I have is a sling and a few jagged rocks at my side, Is this guy a prepper or a baddie? How do I tell?
This morning I had an idea... How about if we wore a bandana that let others know we were the good guys?
The bandana would of course be a useful one, lightweight yet you could hang small items from it, Hide small items in it or have a waterproof membrane for collecting water it could also have a use as a bandage, sling etc, Just a few ideas for a preppers bandana.
The bandana would come in a few colours for camouflage.
Maybe the bandana could have a small logo/ coat of arms on the front so we would know who to trust should TSHTF?.
I can rustle up a prototype and make a vid to show its usage if anyone is interested?

well i think everyone includes a bandana in their bob simply because of how darned useful they are, personally i prefer shemaghs, cause they're even more versatile! and much larger.

as for identification thats another thing altogether, most of us probably wouldnt want to be identified PSHTF, and in my eyes a bandana wouldnt be a good way to go about it, after all they are so common and so many sheeple would carry them too, they're uses arent restricted to preppers!

and another thing, how would you go around spreading the idea to every prepper? sure you could spread it here, but then you'd have to go site to site, no easy task!

all in all, whilst a good sentiment, and bandana's should definately be in your BOB, using it as a means of identification would be hard Tongue
which is one reason we have discussed a SUKnet patch to sew onto bags or clothes Smile
Good idea but some could take that as akin to gang colours.
Wrong colours, wrong street, wrong place, bang, you're history.
Even better with a scope they can classify you from afar.

Take the florescent vest.
You see that being worn during the day by someone and you instantly think doing a job / official / authorized to be there.
Yet, some see it as being "a power that be" i.e. vehicle inspector, plod, or council jerk type officer and thus a danger.

Best they don't know what they are coming up against.

in answer to the question of trust, no one.
Better off with something simpler, dunno what though.
(14 August 2012, 09:09)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Better off with something simpler, dunno what though.

personally im thinking of a tattoo Smile been wanting to get something prepping related, but just cant think of anything much Tongue

closest i got is this symbol
[Image: fawo_lg.gif]

it means freedom and independence
It was just a seed of thought. I am still going to make a preppers bandana, It will have small watertight/proof compartments to carry a penknife, water purification tablets and other small handy nik-naks.
I shall put my thinking cap on and I'm sure I can come up with some wacky handy idea for us preppers Smile
(14 August 2012, 09:26)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]It was just a seed of thought. I am still going to make a preppers bandana, It will have small watertight/proof compartments to carry a penknife, water purification tablets and other small handy nik-naks.
I shall put my thinking cap on and I'm sure I can come up with some wacky handy idea for us preppers Smile

well its an intriguing idea, and i'd love to see what you come up with, and whilst im not sure about compartments, i suppose it depends on how you implement them!

cant wait to see what you do!...you may want to look into "go-tubes" small tubes, to contain small amounts of things, they're inexpensive if you go for the right brand, and totally waterproof, and very handy!...personally i'm going to be getting quite a few, and putting them on keychains, each tube with a different focus Big Grin
Ha, ha, for some reason, I picture Roy Chubby Brown wearing my bandana..I dunno why......Just going to sort the kids out and then go shopping......Should have/could have a prototype tonight....Smile
(14 August 2012, 09:38)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Ha, ha, for some reason, I picture Roy Chubby Brown wearing my bandana..I dunno why......Just going to sort the kids out and then go shopping......Should have/could have a prototype tonight....Smile

[Image: chubby%20brown%20bandana.png]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/suqef51arhucgu...andana.png
Now I know why I pictured him...Had another idea from that pic for the bandana...thanks Smile
My friends all laughed at me when I said I could write the worlds longest rhyming poem written in English by a single person....I did..Although I am gutted that TGBOR no longer have a section for worlds longest poem Sad
My friends laughed when I said I could invent a board game, which I did, just for fun, "Doing porridge" taking the rip out of the prison system) my mates used to beg me to bring the game around on a girlie Friday night!
My friends laugh at all my wacky ideas but as they say..He who laughs last.....
One day I will do something to make a difference.. I WILL DAM IT !!!!!!
Pages: 1 2