Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How About One Of These?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Worried about body lice? Typhus? ... Get pedaling then!

http://www.springwise.com/non-profit_soc...-costs-40/

what a great find BOB! fits in really nicely with the thread on using bicycles as generators! hmmm maybe the 2 could work together Big Grin...ok im off to have a good think!

cheers BOb!
lol, Clean clothes and a workout!
What you going to use for soap come the after life?
Soapwort! Kenneth wrote this about Soapwort in another thread. I hope he does not mind me copying it in here ...

Kenneth Eames wrote:

RE: Wash them clothes....how?
There is a wild plant called Soapwort and as its name suggests, it contains Saponins. Saponins are named from the Latin word Sapo which means soap. You would be able to obtain a lather for washing with this plant. There are other plants too, that contain saponins, so when out in the country near to water you will be able to experiment with the plants that are in the area. Be careful though that you're not handling poisonous plants. Kenneth Eames.
personally i'd make my own soap like this

http://www.wildwoodsurvival.com/survival.../soap.html

but soapwort sounds excellent! hell, could even add it to this recipe and make something better ^^
Wow that reminded me of a hand powered washer I was given years ago for Uni... it worked pretty well too. I think a simpler prepper solution though is the stright forward washing barrel. No moving parts just a barrel and a wash stave oh yeah and loads of hard work... healthy and warming tooRolleyesAngryBlushHuh
I remember when I was a kid, there was an old man who had what could only be discribed as a mini circus, he had the likes of rats and mice, a budgie and a little dog all doing little tricks.

He used to get around on an old bike, and he pulled his `washing machine` behind him as he traveled,..it was simular to this concept, except it was just a barrel that rolled along behind him,... he always told us kids that the best washing was done while going slow and the best spin was freewheeling down hill... lol... Smile