Survival UK Forums

Full Version: That stinks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sorry for all the posts but I have not come across this sort of post on here as yet...Here is a really dumb question but if you don't know, you don't know so you gotta ask..Here we go....
You know the man hole covers in the middle of the road...Do they lead to the sewers? If so, Can you live in the sewers? well hide in them for a month or 2?
I have googled pictures of sewers and some of the tunnels have platforms and dry areas...I know it's gonna smell and hygine is of paramount importance but figure most folks will run to the hills or go into caves, I'm hoping not many folk will wanna go in the sewers, so I should be safe for a while?
(25 August 2012, 09:10)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for all the posts but I have not come across this sort of post on here as yet...Here is a really dumb question but if you don't know, you don't know so you gotta ask..Here we go....
You know the man hole covers in the middle of the road...Do they lead to the sewers? If so, Can you live in the sewers? well hide in them for a month or 2?
I have googled pictures of sewers and some of the tunnels have platforms and dry areas...I know it's gonna smell and hygine is of paramount importance but figure most folks will run to the hills or go into caves, I'm hoping not many folk will wanna go in the sewers, so I should be safe for a while?
i dont think you can get from the manholes to the sewers, i may be wrong, but i think thats only a collection point and the pipes are very small, you may have to find the actual sewers further along the system, it WILL be very smelly and i think you will find there are lots of rats down there, so it not something i would like to do.

(25 August 2012, 09:50)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 August 2012, 09:10)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for all the posts but I have not come across this sort of post on here as yet...Here is a really dumb question but if you don't know, you don't know so you gotta ask..Here we go....
i dont think you can get from the manholes to the sewers, i may be wrong, but i think thats only a collection point and the pipes are very small, you may have to find the actual sewers further along the system, it WILL be very smelly and i think you will find there are lots of rats down there, so it not something i would like to do.

i think what you want are the STORM drains!
(25 August 2012, 09:50)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i think what you want are the STORM drains!

Until there's a storm Tongue
http://www.riversides.org/rainguide/rive...subpage=91
Something like this, A few extra planks of wood and I think it could be livable?
(25 August 2012, 09:52)HunterNurturer Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 August 2012, 09:50)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i think what you want are the STORM drains!

Until there's a storm Tongue

thats goes for the main drains too, but maybe Prepaday dosent mean LIVING in them its just a shelter until she can move on to a better place?
sounds like prepadays been playing too much fallout 3 lol

i cant see living in one being a good idea, although i do remember some old secret society meeting places from the 1900's or something that were accessed by manholes, although cant exactly remember where, will do some research into it!

if we got any plumbers or any sewer...um, cleaners? just people with experience lol would be good to learn more ^^
yeah its a storm drain prepperday , would be easy to use them for short term hiding but not ideal for long term as has been said what happen if there is a storm , but throwout history sewers have been used to travel through unseen just make sure you have protective clothing and gas mask , methane can build up in sewers its silent, odorless and deadly
Short term? Could be a month or so once all the looting has fin and all the muppets die off! I thought about the gases and would a torch be o.k to use?
Cooking would be a prob..cold beans it is then Sad
Does anyone know where I could get a plan of the storm drains in Lancashire?
i think it is a good idea will look into it Smile
(25 August 2012, 10:24)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]yeah its a storm drain prepperday , would be easy to use them for short term hiding but not ideal for long term as has been said what happen if there is a storm , but throwout history sewers have been used to travel through unseen just make sure you have protective clothing and gas mask , methane can build up in sewers its silent, odorless and deadly

and flammable
[Image: evil_smiley_small.png]
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6