Survival UK Forums

Full Version: an interesting film about nuclear disaster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so i just remember a film i watched not long ago, its called the divide and basically its all about a group of survivors who are trapped in the basement of their building in a city after the city has been leveled by atomic fire.

it explores what happens to the human mind whilst a person is confined and has very limmited resources and has just experience a paradigm altering event.

be warned its not for the faint of heart, there are some pretty twisted scenes in it.

oh and theres a prepper in it too! except he's too compassionate Tongue

definately worth watching, if people need i can provide links to the film Smile
Please do. ;-)
I've seen it, didn't rate it well. I thought it had a 'real' ending though, I won't say much more so I don't spoil it for anyone who wants to see it. I think it's an akward film you wouldn't want to watch with anyone else and it doesn't really have anything to teach... Makes you realise there really isn't a chance of survival if you're in a nuclear war zone, you will die from sickness and everything that comes after anyway... won't be able to grow food etc
whilst i get what melissa means and i dont think its an education in anything practical prep wise, i think it does show how humans can crack under pressure and in that respect its a good exploration of a group dynamic in a survival situation, and in that respect it is useful, lessons can definately be learned from it ^^

part the first
http://www.movie2k.to/movie.php?id=1261379&part=1

part the second
http://www.movie2k.to/movie.php?id=1261379&part=2
Good point hrusai, you're right.

Keep looking at your name thinking I spelt it wrong..
(26 August 2012, 00:40)Melissa15 Wrote: [ -> ]Good point hrusai, you're right.

Keep looking at your name thinking I spelt it wrong..

haha yeah its not exactly a word really, just a random thing i wrote one day whilst i was playing in a field with some friends when i was 11, ended up using it as a name for fantasy games, then used it as my goto username on the internet xD at least i know its always unique and no one ever takes it before me Big Grin

but yeah my main interest in the film was just from an exploration of the human pysche, which is an important part of prepping, to be able to understand how different situations arise will give you the means to defuse them before they reach breaking point, it'll also enable you to negotiate better, be better at analysing unknown individuals and a great deal of other things, if we hope to rebuild society and teotwawki we're going to need to be able to do these things and help integrate ourselves and others into our newly founded social groups Smile
Seen it advertised,one of the straight to dvd realeases.

A german movie called hells meant to ok, set after a disadtor abit like the road, but its got subtitles.
(26 August 2012, 04:46)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Seen it advertised,one of the straight to dvd realeases.

A german movie called hells meant to ok, set after a disadtor abit like the road, but its got subtitles.

ooo err german? whilst i dont mind subtitled films, after watched a german film about space i just couldnt stand the sound of the german language lol, drove me insane!....but if its meant to be alright ill put it on my list of stuff to watch Smile

just remembered the film! it was called cargo, its actually a pretty decent film to be honest, for some reason the speaking grated in my mind lol
whilst we're on the subject of survival films, 127 hours is cool, and a true story

another good one is sanctum!
Read 127hours but not seen it,he didnt normaly carry a multitool so lucky guy in a way
I saw this movie not so long ago, I think this is why, whilst the s hit is hitting the fan, I wanna be on my own, with my family, nothing worse than being holed up with strangers Sad
Pages: 1 2