Survival UK Forums

Full Version: a drug resource
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i dont know if any of you are familiar with erowid, but it is essentially a compendium of drug based knowledge, admittedly it is aimed toward those that wish to take things recreationally, but it does cover alot of other ground, including medicinal uses for different drugs and various things about pharmaceuticals

it covers dosages, legality, side effects, both useful and not useful, experiences of people taking them, a large synthesis library if your that way inclined, large amounts of reference books, research journals, photos for reference and to use to identify differnt things, the list just goes on and on.

however you look at it, and wether you partake in the things that are included in the website its an invaluable resource and has an extremely large amount of information that can have practical usage to a prepper and i encourage you guys to go and have a poke around, you might find some very interesting things!

http://www.erowid.org/

Note: i am providing this resource primarily as a way of identifying different useful pharmaceuticals and to learn about the medicinal effects of different substances.
I prefer the British National Formulary
Good reference material. Thanks for the link.
Erowids vaults a place I used extensively when researching non opioid alternative painkillers after a serious spinal fracture.

If you are brave enough try...but be aware that you may become so far into your head, you not get out or die or liver death if you get the dosages wrong.

Some advice, there are only a few useful painkillers that can be improvised and ingested safely; LSD (or other hallucinogens such as psylocybes), willow bark (aspirin), lime tree flowers ( soporific) and alcohol. Anything else just is not worth the risk although ripe poppies can be processed for the opioids but again take heed but it is safer than the nightshades.