Survival UK Forums

Full Version: He's doing my head in now grrrr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
My fella turned around to me and said.."Don't you think you're getting a bit obsessive about all this prepping lark?)
I just wanted to punch him !
Yes, I spend many an hour on here, many more on the net researching and I try to buy a prep a day..hence my name on here. I have just bought a BOB and half filled it, spend an hour debating the essentials of what I need to put in first. I am buying an air gun in a few weeks and went hunting last week, A friend of mines has a bow and arrow and has said he will teach me to use it.
What I find cheeky as F..K though is he does daily rents on f,b about the govt trying to control us etc.
Next door is knocking their shed down and I have asked for the corrugated metal as it could come in handy for house defense.
How can you be to obsessive when it comes to survival, I have a good mind to leave him at home if/when the time comes to bug out !
I get really positive and happy when I'm prepping or learning a new skill and his moaning really disheartens me,
He hates the govt yet reckons they will feed us when the s it hits the fan as he says that they need to control us, it's all about control, They need the people alive, to control them...
Do you think it causes separations in a relationship if one person preps and the other doesn't?
certainly sounds like it does, i honestly dont get your partners beligerence when it comes to prepping, by his distrust of the government etc you'd think its something he'd enjoy and understand!

cant make hide nor hair of his thinking tbph Tongue just put it in simple terms, its something i enjoy, that makes me happy and feel secure, support me in this or gtfo, or just plain keep your opinions on the matter to yourself Tongue

and i know what you mean, new skills, knowledge or equipment do make you feel happy dont they ^^

at the end of the day its your hobby, its not a stupid mundane hobby like sitting playing bingo for hours or some sh!t, it has its purpose, its useful and it makes you happy, that should be more than enough for him to see the point in it Tongue
+when your bringing home nice fresh rabbits and birds for dinner when food is more expensive and more scarce he wont be complaining then!
I don't find it a hobby, I find it a nesscesity. What happens when the time comes and he says.."oh you WERE right at least we have food and water " grrrrrr!
He can flippin starve me thinks !
Prepping gives preppers more control over their lives than sheeple can ever dream of, sadly some people dont like people who are in control and not reliant on others
tell him its INSURANCE! if someone has a car they insure it against accidents, if they own a house they insure it...this is no different...its insurance against the bad times to come.
I was a single parent for a while before I met him so I kinda had control over the kids and shopping and housework etc, Then a year ago he broke his leg, Again I had to take over. He worked nights, slept during the day, worked at night so I had control again, seems I have always worn the pants in this house, I think he likes it that way? someone needs to take care of the family and that someone looks like me.
well then, tell him to sit his ass down and not to worry his pretty little head about it xD
We are saving up like mad to move to another country and he says every penny counts, which then gets in the way of buying preps, I can't chuffin win, I want to move but it's gonna take years to save, What happens if the sh t hits the fan before then, A few thousand pounds not gonna be any use if there is an economical melt down Sad
moving to another country isnt going to be that easy...unlike people coming here....most of the major countries like Australia and Canada you've got to have a skill they need they wont just take anybody....if you go somewhere like Bulgaria or even France then you have a language problem.
Lots of people have an oh who isn't into prepping and who take the piss, try not to worry too much about it as eventually most seem to come round to a certain extent. Mine is fine but still takes the piss now and then.

By the way, If he is as useless as you make out I would still take him along if tshtf, fresh meat Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6