Survival UK Forums

Full Version: My bad?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, at long last my fella is meant to be returning to work after almost a year, He broke his leg, 6 months in a cast, leg wasn't healing, 2 months in a half cast, His employers wouldn't let him come back with a cast on, He felt pressured to have an op, a rod through his leg, few weeks later, he is on crutches, his work wouldn't let him back on crutches due to health and safety.
He still has a limp and his leg is not healed fully, he got a fit note from doc saying he is well enough to return to work except his leg is still broken, No word back from his work as yet.....He is dying to get back because we will get his wage, child tax credits, working tax credits, child benefit and £7 rebate with rent.....We will receive more in benefits with him working, than us claiming benefits not working.
Now...I hear a lot of you shouting about folk out of work and claiming benefits so does me raking it in make my bad? Sad
Oh yes, kids still get free dental and prescriptions, I think I do also?
Obs the more money we get, the more I can save to get out of here or more to buy good preps with.
If his leg is not fully healed and he goes back to work he is likely to end up disabled in coming years, He has paid tax and NI for a long time so your are entitled to claim as much help as you can in your time of need, I think you need to tighten your belt a bit and encourage Mr PD to get his full health back first.
i can see "where your coming from", you need to get all the benefits that you can get but depending on the job your OH does he really needs to be fit and healthy, i mean if its an office job where he sits at a computer all day thats probably do able, but if he's on his feet all day doing heavy lifting then that is not on with a still broken leg even with pins in it.
It could be another year before his leg is fully healed Sad
He has always worked, I on the other hand are one of these folk you hate Sad
I had kids early on in life and held a few jobs down but nothing to brag about, Child care was one of the biggest hurdles to jump.
I hang my head in shame at the thought of me sucking the blood from the system, I was young and didn't know any better.
I was a battered wife and it took me a good year or 2 from leaving my home, going into a hostel and sorting my head out, Lack of education and too many benifits make for lazy, ignorant people. I have said for many a year, that you should only get out what you put in but on the other hand, where would that have left me?
No money to feed myself and kids, would I have turned to crime? more than likely!
Mum in prison, kids in care draining yet even more blood from the system.
I'm a good person, honest person but situations lead me to sponge from the state and yes, it was easy street, got myself into a routine of not needing to do anything.
I am trying to educate my children into not falling into the same trap as myself.
All I'm trying to do now is concentrate on the future and to make things the best I can for my children and their children. I am prepping them so they don't have to sponge of the system (if we have a system then )
I want to be self sufficient and I want them to be too Smile
(29 August 2012, 10:36)Prepaday Wrote: [ -> ]It could be another year before his leg is fully healed Sad
He has always worked,
I on the other hand are one of these folk you hate Sad
I want to be self sufficient and I want them to be too Smile

A Be patient, adapt to the situation your a survivalist for heavens sake Smile

B So he has paid taxes ergo he is not a scrounger

C No, your a home maker and apart from Tony blair I hate no one

D Good but be patient. Smile
Cant he do a driving job or desk job if he wants to get back into work early ?
the fact is he wants to work unlike those that are claiming for years and dont want any type of work! if you get more benefits with him working than not , so what ?he is working and contributing, hope he is back on his feet soon !!
(29 August 2012, 11:31)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]the fact is he wants to work unlike those that are claiming for years and dont want any type of work! if you get more benefits with him working than not , so what ?he is working and contributing, hope he is back on his feet soon !!

This

I don't see a problem with a household receiving more benefits if somebody is working, hell that's the way it needs to be for us to give people the incentive to work.
Plus with him working he'll be paying tax, he'll be earning more money for his employer and that money will be taxed too. Both him and his employer will then have more money to buy more petrol, fags and booze which are all taxed to high heaven, so why shouldn't that make him more entitled to some of that money back? Certainly more deserving than the entire households where nobody in the family has ever had a job or contributed to society in any way