Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I shouldn't snigger but..hee, hee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe his extensive training on Becton Alps ( A spoil heap near to Romford) didn't quite prepare hin for the great outdoors.

More seriously. He was the leader of the group and no one knew where he went missing? Sounds a bit strange to me.
missing for one night? what a wally!!! "Survival expert" my arseTongueBig Grin
Few thoughts we don't know the weather conditions last night in that area, but the policeman said it was quite bad, and he had an accident which in real life does happen, "that one was for the Rambo’s" which would explain needing help, omg even instructor’s and fit ones need help, imagine being overweight and heart disease what chance then?, he had to fight hyperthermia due to the fall in to the river, I would say this man did a good job, getting out alive is that not enough, for some of you?.

Or he could be after a quick news story raises some media funds; I mean he is from London after all. Wink

he was missing for 1 night, he was with 3 others, when did he leave them? why? what was he doing blundering about in the dark??"survival experts" know better than that, they find some shelter and hunker down, where were their supplies, tents, food??? total greenhorn if you ask me.
(29 August 2012, 14:58)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]he was missing for 1 night, he was with 3 others, when did he leave them? why? what was he doing blundering about in the dark??"survival experts" know better than that, they find some shelter and hunker down, where were their supplies, tents, food??? total greenhorn if you ask me.

I used to like wandering around in the dark woodlands, have many good memory’s seeing deer walking around in natural environment, tuning in my senses to the woods, and generally having fun time with my kids, some people just don't experience these things Sad

Quite easy to get lost in the woods at night, I do admit we know the area quite well but at night it does change some.

I think the bloke did well enough to survive, if he had this accident, or he stage it to make a few pound which is easy done these days, the garbage pages need to be filled and all that, but until the full story unfolds none of us know enough to comment, about the fellow.
Fitness instructor and former soldier!! Really??
(29 August 2012, 16:48)Armoured Gideon Wrote: [ -> ]Fitness instructor and former soldier!! Really??

yes, my point exactly, and the weather we have been having down here in the south west is not the sort of weather to go deer watching, the deer have more sense.
while he's getting his mug on the box talking to the film crew, where are the 4 poor souls he is supposed to be a "guide"for? what about them? no mention of them on the clip! another Rambo who thinks he's Bear Grylls!!Big Grin
I'm 50/50 on this one, yes he survived after having an accident and in bad weather, so 1 point to him, What must his group have thought though when he went missing, bet they crapped themselves and I bet they paid good money for the survival trip. I'm glad the fella is ok but what an embarrassment to him.
Sorry, I'm still laughing at not only the "guide" getting lost, but also losing the people he was supposed to be guiding...
"As useful as a chocolate fireguard" springs to mind
Pages: 1 2