Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Every prepper Kid should do this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
it makes me sad that this is a rarity, i still climb trees and im 19 Tongue never used a safety rope in my life

my generation, and the next, are fucked.
I'm gob smacked. 'Being taught to climb trees' Seriously? This is extreme because I know kids who climb trees and this is acting like kids hardly know what a tree is. I haven't read the whole thing yet but c'mon. My niece and nephew climb trees, make dens and play their DS and watch TV. Maybe if you are surrounded by buildings and roads and no forest areas but like Hrusai said this is sad.
I know it's nothing to do with trees but walking with a bunch of kids, I was stunned when one young girl screamed and ran because she came across a hedgehog. None of the kids had ever seen one except on TV or in books. They all came from Woolwich, London.

When working as a beach warden in Swanage, Group of kids arrived.
One kid just stood and gaped, he'd never seen the sea before. His home, Manchester.

Today's inner city kids are sometimes more deprived of nature than you could possibly imagine.
Their "jungle" is city parks and climbing frames (unless they were taken down for health and safety reasons).

my kids grow up climbing trees , mind you if there mum had her why they would have never gone near a tree lol
(14 September 2012, 22:51)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]it makes me sad that this is a rarity, i still climb trees and im 19 Tongue never used a safety rope in my life

my generation, and the next, are fucked.

yep, and the one after that and the one after thatBig Grin
(15 September 2012, 17:21)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yep, and the one after that and the one after thatBig Grin

as tibbs signature says,

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell"
although im a firm believer in the fact that science can save us, i cant wait when the day comes that the endgoal of everything is the betterment of science, because then we shall travel the stars Smile
(15 September 2012, 17:33)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]
(15 September 2012, 17:21)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yep, and the one after that and the one after thatBig Grin

as tibbs signature says,

"If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell"
although im a firm believer in the fact that science can save us, i cant wait when the day comes that the endgoal of everything is the betterment of science, because then we shall travel the stars Smile
dont hold your breath, i reckon its the scientists that fucked us in the first place, first with nuclear weapons and now with GM food!!
(15 September 2012, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]dont hold your breath, i reckon its the scientists that fucked us in the first place, first with nuclear weapons and now with GM food!!

gm food aint nothin bad, if anything its better!...granted nuclear weapons were probably a mistake, but it did give rise to so many advancements in knowledge, as wel as nuclear power, which is the best replacement for fossil fuels imo Smile

but hey ive always been, and always will be, a science man Big Grin
(15 September 2012, 17:50)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]
(15 September 2012, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]dont hold your breath, i reckon its the scientists that fucked us in the first place, first with nuclear weapons and now with GM food!!

gm food aint nothin bad, if anything its better!...granted nuclear weapons were probably a mistake, but it did give rise to so many advancements in knowledge, as wel as nuclear power, which is the best replacement for fossil fuels imo Smile

but hey ive always been, and always will be, a science man Big Grin
cant agree about nuclear power..i think thats an accident waiting to happen(as in India and Japan) also GM food is frankenstein as far as i am concerned and i like to know what i'm eating.....i like natural foods not stuff that has been mucked about by scientists. too many people on planet earth thats all down to scientists with their "Test Tube babies", oh yeah and Thalidimide-that was all down to scientists too along with the drug companiesAngry
Pages: 1 2 3