Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Snippet on the BBC I found interesting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The BBC were reporting from Wroxham in the Norfolk Broads I think thats part of East Anglia but TBH I dont know, infact I dont know anything about that area except the commonly held belief that everyone their has 13 toes and is inter related Smile

The beeb was ereporting about the man and woman found dead in one of the water ways, and the journo made the following comment that got my attention
"Much of this area is difficult to impossible to get to by car or on foot, but it is accessible by boat"

Sounds to me like a good place to bug out to if you can afford a boat as a BOV cos the sheeple fleeeing the cities on foot or in vehicles cannot access the area ??

Any locals with any info / maps etc?
(4 September 2012, 11:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]The BBC were reporting from Wroxham in the Norfolk Broads I think thats part of East Anglia but TBH I dont know, infact I dont know anything about that area except the commonly held belief that everyone their has 13 toes and is inter related Smile

The beeb was ereporting about the man and woman found dead in one of the water ways, and the journo made the following comment that got my attention
"Much of this area is difficult to impossible to get to by car or on foot, but it is accessible by boat"

Sounds to me like a good place to bug out to if you can afford a boat as a BOV cos the sheeple fleeeing the cities on foot or in vehicles cannot access the area ??

Any locals with any info / maps etc?

oh yeah babyBig Grin
in a bug out situation i dont think i would be bothered if i owned the boat , i think i would borrow one from a rental place
OK so now we need some local yokel to provide a sitrep and aide for this area of the most suitable areas and where boating preppers can hide and resupply.
i guess the only way to find isolated river areas is to go out on a boat and explore
(4 September 2012, 11:59)Tigs Wrote: [ -> ]i guess the only way to find isolated river areas is to go out on a boat and explore

And use google earth, boating guides ( if it aint popular with tourists its ideal for us) British waterways maps and find a prepper who lives there to do a sitrep.
http://www.coobeastie.co.uk/gecm/
http://www.waterexplorer.co.uk/gmaps/int...almap.aspx
nice links
I live in East Anglia! We were told at school that learning to swim was important because you cannot leave East Anglia without crossing at least one body of water.
(4 September 2012, 16:35)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]I live in East Anglia! We were told at school that learning to swim was important because you cannot leave East Anglia without crossing at least one body of water.

Is that you volunteering to do an article on your areas potential?