Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Looking from the outside in...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What would be your craziest/weirdest/most eccentric or even most extravagant prep?
a photograph of hatty jakes...... fine woman or more real MY DRUM KIT silly but true
probably the 14th century book i'd take with me, was printed in the lifetime of the bloke that invented book printing, aint no special book or anything, just something for posterity, its been around a long time, and i'd like to keep it that way, we've had it for many years, guess it reminds me of my family

but its not high on my list of preps tbh Smile
then again there are alot of other things we have that are as unusual if not more so that i would consider taking with me Smile
Hmm maybe my thousands of sanitary products, this is what outsiders would think is most strange. I don't have very much in the way of crazy preps, just food, hygiene and clothes, basic tools/useful items. I don't really think there is something I store atm that most people wouldn't have in their house anyway (just not in as big a quantity).

Today my sister needed some screws to put up some shelves, and I was looking for the right size and wall plugs and I took out my small and bigger tool boxes, and my organised sets of screws and nails - she jokingly said 'I didn't know my sister was a builder!'. The sets probably wouldn't have amused most on this site but to her it was very unexpected.
I'm considering getting Dungeons and Dragons stuff, for some form of escapism in the long winter nights with no electricity.
(14 September 2012, 19:38)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]I'm considering getting Dungeons and Dragons stuff, for some form of escapism in the long winter nights with no electricity.

i think something to provide some form of escapism is very necessary personally! even if its just your favourite book...its also why i think a kindle is a must too (although i make do with my ipod touch) longlife, stores lots of books, can easily get solar charger, bloody useful Smile
i dont think i have got anything thats crazy or extravagant, its all got a purpose and a use, from my combat jacket down to my catapult, from my food supplies to my compasses.
extravagant erm! that would be my CZ750 sniper! over priced .308 good gun but at over £2000 not that good a gun