Survival UK Forums

Full Version: When do you turn?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Confession time.
In an 80's winter, with no home, job, car, food, or dosh, alone, not even a dawg!
It only took me 24 hours before I entered my first squat.
I felt dreadful.
Always a sort of 'law abiding' type person, ex-forces, yet here I was joining the great unwashed.

BUT in doing this one act of criminality, I was eventually able to sort myself out and start again.

I know some will say, "never happen to me" or pull me apart.
I don't really care what folk think about what I did.
To me it was a question of survival.

Yet be honest and answer this question without telling me why it couldn't happen to you and what I should have done.

Just when would you personally abandon the "quaint UK laws" and start to look after yourself and your own without restraint?
At what point would you turn "FERAL".

(14 September 2012, 12:49)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Confession time.
In an 80's winter, with no home, job, car, food, or dosh, alone, not even a dawg!
I felt dreadful.
Always a sort of 'law abiding' type person, ex-forces, yet here I was joining the great unwashed.

BUT in doing this one act of criminality, I was eventually able to sort myself out and start again.

Yet be honest and answer this question without telling me why it couldn't happen to you and what I should have done.

Just when would you personally abandon the "quaint UK laws" and start to look after yourself and your own without restraint?

After about 24 hours. Nothing at all wrong with what you did chap - better than freezing to death on the streets.
i knew plenty of people who did the same when i lived in Glastonbury, like you say better than freezing on the streets.
(14 September 2012, 12:49)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Confession time.
I felt dreadful.

you did wot you had to do to survive mate just wait for the cuts to hit hard the poor are fucked the prob is that the poor now are not scared of the rich and police anymore or goverment so let me think wots going to happen

we shall be doing the same thing just as soon as TSHTF, i have several BOL's lined up, in theory they are all owned by someone else so in law we will be "squatting", but as far as i am concerned once TSHTF all laws are null and void anyway!Big Grin
can,t see anything wrong here paul, anyone with a brain would do the same... i definately would in a heartbeat p&l man
Like what straight shooter said, anyone with a brain would do the same.
doesnt bother me at all, i'd do it in a heartbeat, as soon as where i live becomes unecessary, im used to wandering on the wrong side of the law, and if its doing so to survive then its better than doing so for fun Smile

so i reckon you were totally right to do it mate, as all of us have echoed Smile
When would I do it? As soon as it becomes necessary.

...and being strongly independent, necessary means a long time before even contemplating looking to government agencies to rescue me.
Well that's settled then... Not one law abiding citizen amongst us...Thank God/Allah/Pan etc for thatTongueTongueTongueTongue
Pages: 1 2