Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What you carry.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Probably like a lot of you, I've got a pretty heavy tool kit in my vehicle.
The usual tool kit full of spanners, screwdrivers, etc plus bolt cutters, an auto punch, large frame hacksaw, breaker bar.
In my EDC I carry the odd 'interesting' item too. Angel

I looked up what constituted 'going equipped' and us being preppers should be aware of just how dangerous and generalised the law is.
The definition of the offence going equipped contrary to S25(1) of the Theft Act 1968.
'Any person, when not at his place of abode has with him any article for use in the course of, or in connection with any burglary, theft, or cheat.'

I especially like the words "when not at his place of abode" Confused and "any article" Confused

Now think about what's in your BOB, car boot, and what's on your person. Huh

Hope you've got some good excuses for what you carry Wink
what i carry regularly ! erm think i would go something like "yes officer that is a shotgun ! duct tape ! an axe and a shovel!! why do i have them?!? no im not a serial killer!! erm!! im a farmer!!!"
I never carry a knife for edc,unless im working. Its not worth the hastle,even though its a legal carry.
i carry a lock knife in a small pouch on my belt, it is ALWAYS covered by my shirt so you would not know it is thereBig Grin
Hope you don't get patted down BP because that's a concealed weapon.
(16 September 2012, 13:07)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you don't get patted down BP because that's a concealed weapon.

you know thats always got me what is a concealed weapon? if i am on my own land i can carry a shot gun or rifle openly but if i leave my property i have to put the same weapon into a case concealing it??? Rolleyes which is illegal!!! but the law the law states fire arms must be in a case!! wish the would make there minds up Tongue
(16 September 2012, 13:07)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Hope you don't get patted down BP because that's a concealed weapon.

no i dont Paul, i dont go into large population areas and i havent even seen a Copper to speak to in 13 years, the joy of living in a rural area is that knives and camo gear are normal everyday items and nobody takes any notice!Big Grin
Bp couldnt imagine you runing around a shopping centre in a tracksuit like your normal city centre knife carrier
(16 September 2012, 14:49)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Bp couldnt imagine you runing around a shopping centre in a tracksuit like your normal city centre knife carrier
nope, i dont run very fast and a tracksuit is a no no for meBig Grin
Don't carry anything, even my wallet, when on the mainland these days.

Stopped and searched at least a couple of times a visit by the cops under section 44.

Got ridiculous when stopped getting off the boat in Aberdeen harbour, then fifteen minutes later in the shopping centre by the same ploddites.

Used to carry a two inch multi-tool but was warned could be an offensive weapon if used incorrectly. Tried to explain to them anything's a weapon if used incorrectly- least I didn't have to worry about accommodation that night, spent it in the cells for not "complying" with them.
Pages: 1 2