Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Protein.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I tried a search on here to see if this has been done yet & got no results so..... Rolleyes

What would you resort to eating W.T.S.H.T.F. & you are starving?

Insects? Road kill?

"They" say "meat is meat".... Would you consider cannibalism?

Just how strong is the will to survive, is YOUR will to survive.... I must admit that mine is VERY strong, I would do whatever it takes to keep strong & one step ahead of the rest of the pack.
For sure.

Please discuss.
Living on the coast I would concentrate my efforts on seafood.
Seafood and foxes.
Foxes are not an easy quarry. How would you catch/hunt them?
There are threads on here about cannabilism and alternative foods. By the sound of things most of us would eat anything except for maybe Marmite.

Personally, I may not want to try things out now but when things get tough nothing is off the table.
Should be a fair few cats & dogs around (I won't eat mine though)
Lots of pigeons still. Rabbits. Then fishing (yo-yo reels and speed hooks, thunderflashes in bottles) and crabs.
My neighbours are damn useless, and of the moany variety, so they'd go in the stew-pot too.
thought we had talked about this before Big Grin leg or breast

anyway i would eat Marmite mmm also if i had rats come to that yes even people, you will be amazed what people well eat to survive
POW during WWII used to dry worms and crumble them I to food for added protein too so maybe try adding some of that to nettle soup is a backup option I'd probably go whatever I can find ie rabbits, fish etc btw brix you can also snare foxes (legally too by the looks of the defra leaflet thing that was posted on here somewhere in the last few days)
Rabbits, Pheasants, Squirrels, Deer, Badgers, Wild Boar, Pigeons all abound round here, have eaten roadkill in the past.
anything and everything, if the situation is so dire then we will eat anything we get the opportunity to eat, in pure survival situations we are creatures of opportunity Big Grin

and yes i would eat people if need be, although that would only ever be a temporary measure, never ever long term, would rather die than eat BP sandwiches all day xD...no offence BP Big Grin
tbh though england is pertty lush, plenty of wildlife and edible plants, hunter gatherer lifestyle ftw ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4