Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Hi from South Yorkshire
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everyone,

I live close to the peatlands on the SouthYorks/North Lincs border.
My interests include(apart from prepping) woodcarving , military radio ,EDC and collecting maps.
I have recently passed my amateur radio foundation test,now studying for the intermediate.
Fenman.
Hey Fenman welcome, you will find great debate going on about amatuer radio and CB in the comms section ( should have called yourself Clansman after the mil radio) I to am a mapaholic, Welcome from Durham Smile
Cheers NorthernRaider Smile

I must admit i was tempted to use Clansman, but i thought it might bring back bad memories to any ex sigs lads on the forum Big Grin.
My map collection is getting daft now, her indoors says i need to see a shrink. I dare'nt tell her that i am going to start updating them all soon CoolCool
Fenman.
(6 October 2012, 21:01)Fenman Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers NorthernRaider Smile

I must admit i was tempted to use Clansman, but i thought it might bring back bad memories to any ex sigs lads on the forum Big Grin.
My map collection is getting daft now, her indoors says i need to see a shrink. I dare'nt tell her that i am going to start updating them all soon CoolCool
Fenman.

Never mind the sigs the clansman never worked for the RCT, Infantry or RMP either Smile
welcome from wales fm enjoy the site
Cheers Straight Shooter.Smile

NothernRaider - I don't think the MOD will ever get comms right, there will always be a compromise somewhere.

Fenman.
Welcome Fenman, im a newbie myself !!!! all the best mate from Durham............oh and anything you need to know about dead bodies just ask me..........but dont tell anyone that i was an Undertaker! by the way im thinking of buying afew maps myself.!! lol
waves hello Fenman and welcome

nr every ex squaddie knew it was easier to shout than use the clansman , god smoke signals were better Big Grin
Thanks for the welcome fella's,
I just want to make one thing clear, i am not ex Army, my interest in mil radio comes from my Dad (ex Sigs). I aint no sad walt either.
Sorry to get serious, but i would hate to give the wrong impression Smile.

You are right about the clansman Tigs Big Grin
RoadWarrior - I would recommend getting the 1:25,000 maps of your present area. They are invaluable.

Fenman.
Welcome to the forum.

What's your background with prepping? What is it you're prepping for in specific?
Pages: 1 2