Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Hmm never thought about that ( for urban preppers)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just the opening few seconds of this made me thing, possibly in the short term urban preppers could BUG UP ? IE find a quiet flat rooftop with a water tank and stay there for a while??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwR1EObahY
Cant see the vid for some reason

Another option urban preppers have is to find the biggest, nastiest, and most dangerous group around - and join them

I'm only half joking, if things got that bad then you can be sure one group or another would soon start offering "protection" to others in return for food and whatever else they wanted. If you cant hide from them then joining them may be your best option. Probably not a good idea if you have a family to look after but for the single person it is definitely an option
(12 October 2012, 12:21)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Just the opening few seconds of this made me thing, possibly in the short term urban preppers could BUG UP ? IE find a quiet flat rooftop with a water tank and stay there for a while??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwR1EObahY

Kind of like Rodney in Only Fools and Horses???
Hmm - I've thought about this a lot before. All well and good until some fucker sets fire to the ground floor.
Suppose it depends on how high up you are though. we've got some big tower blocks round our way, 30 / 40 floors. I don't think I'd fancy being up the top of there to be honest.
Yeh, I'm defo staying on the ground floor, that way I can Bug out in an emergency or at short notice!
I'm trying to find an article but i think I lot it, twas about a family living in top floor apartment, they had already set up greenhouses on the roof and each block has a huge water tank as well. Due to the layout of the blocks they could and did string HD aluminium ladders from roof top to roof top with rope providing a hand rail and somewhere to fast safety harness. IIRC they had five rood tops to play with, and dad bought two or three rolled up escape ladders to allow them to get down in a hurry if needed.
not my idea of a safe place i,ll give this one a miss
I think anywhere is good as long as you are prepared to move at a moments notice how many are prepared for that ?Huh
(12 October 2012, 19:34)David075 Wrote: [ -> ]I think anywhere is good as long as you are prepared to move at a moments notice how many are prepared for that ?Huh

I dont think i could bug out in under 2 hours TBH probably nearer 3.
I could set sail & be under way in less than a hour. Smile
Pages: 1 2