Survival UK Forums

Full Version: bomb shelters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(18 October 2012, 11:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...n-tvs.html

I have an Anderson shelter buried under the rockery in the back garden!

Only $30,000 to anyone who want's to come and dig it up...... cash in advance please :-)
lucky you!! last one i saw was 20 years ago and had "Concrete cancer"...only had to breathe on it and it fell over!Big Grin
Our old house on teesside had a bomb shelter built onto the back of it, 18 inch thick concrete walls and roof, made a helluva kennel for the two dogs.
I saw this yesterday in an American new site. Showed the girlfriend. She said that sort of thing worries her. I said that if I got one she could just think of it as a man cave and not worry. It's the kind of crap I'd doubtless own if I had the money and lived in the states.
(18 October 2012, 15:36)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]I saw this yesterday in an American new site. Showed the girlfriend. She said that sort of thing worries her. I said that if I got one she could just think of it as a man cave and not worry. It's the kind of crap I'd doubtless own if I had the money and lived in the states.

if i lived in the states or Canada i would have a cabin in the woods!Big Grin
If i had the coinage i would go and buy myself an old Victorian or Edwardian home out in the countryside that had its own cellar, wine cellar, coalhole and well. i would re-enforce and conceal the cellar and make that my retreat.
Thank Christ it has a flat screen TV. For a minute there I thought I'd might have to start reading a book after TSHTF.
(18 October 2012, 13:57)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]lucky you!! last one i saw was 20 years ago and had "Concrete cancer"...only had to breathe on it and it fell over!Big Grin

My one's the original corrugated steel type with concrete poured over it for good measure.

I found the original design plans but this post will not let me attach anything to it. I'll try a separate reply.
Has there been any discussion on building a modern day shelter?
the people selling those shelters will give, yes GIVE you 10 acres for free with your purchase!

http://www.atlassurvivalshelters.com/freeland/
Pages: 1 2