Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Newbie from Kiveton (nr Sheffield) just getting started
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

I live in a village between Sheffield and Worksop with my severely disabled wife. I started prepping earlier this year following the heavy snowfall last winter when very few if any deliveries were made to the village and the shop shelves quickly emptied, milk and bread were particularly in short supply.

I've started by buying a bit extra each time we shop and squirreling it away. Also stocking up on basic dried good like flour, dehydrated milk etc so i can bake bread if i need to. Also got half a dozen chickens which are laying well, we get 4-6 eggs every day.

Cheers
Gary
Hi Gary

Welcome to the forum mate.

Sounds like you've got your head on straight. Starting with the basic essentials, and working from there.

There are some great people on here, and some nutters (myself being one of them haha...WOOOO!!!!) but you've come to the right place.

Apparently this winter will be a beast! So, like you, I'm stocking up the essentials again.

One word of advice, Stock up those you wouldn't think of. Water, toilet paper, tooth paste, and camping gas (incase something happens to your heating, at least you can boil up some water for a hot water bottle and coffee.

Do you live in a rural, suburb, or mostly urban setting?
Welcome hope you dont get cut off this year, theres a german site that sells tinned bread prepaday or tigs posted about awhile back.
hello and welcome from norfolkSmile
Hi Gary, you and your wife are most welcome, and I'm sure everyone will want to help you become as self sufficient and well prepped as you can be.

Remember on this forum the only stupid questions are the ones you do not ask.
Welcome from dorset gary, and welcome to prepping Smile

You've certainly come to the right place, we got a whole bunch of people who are more than happy to answer any questions you might have Big Grin

enjoy the site dude

p.s. the site that metroyeti mentioned was http://shop.conserva.de/en/
Hello and Welcome. There are some helpful people here just ask.
Welcome from the south east
hello and welcome from another south yorkie tyke

Scythe13 is the only nutter on here Tongue

Posted by Metroyeti - Yesterday 16:05
Welcome hope you dont get cut off this year, theres a german site that sells tinned bread prepaday or tigs posted about awhile back.
that would be me Big Grin

http://forum.survivaluk.net/showthread.p...erman+site
welcome from wales gary enjoy the site there are loads of people on here to help you check out all the downloads
Pages: 1 2