Survival UK Forums

Full Version: To Lone or not to Lone, that is the question.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm all for everything ith groups. I'm also well up for going solo, plus the misses as a 2 person team. Having said that, I'm also up for working with a larger group of preppers.

Would love to hear back what people have to say on this.

p.s. I'm based near Taunton, meaning I include Bristol as local. So if any preppers in that area want to start working as a team, pm me.
Groups sound good to me if you can get out of dodge and have a safe place to go, depending on the event,tinned food will only last so long you will have to farm. So having people to work the land and patrol it is a must.

Living in a city thats not really an option for me, I know who im prepared to help when tshf, but realistacly I need to get out of dodge before I can worry about anything else.
Neccesity may be the mother of cooperation and cohabitation after TSHTF I think the surviving survivors after a few months will naturally work out a workable solution.
(23 October 2012, 14:32)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]surviving survivors

That's an interesting self evident statement. By definition of a survivor, they would need to be surviving haha. But I get what you're saying.

I always thought you were going solo though NR? You and family as one unit?
Lone Wolf works for me.
@ Scythe, we've been discussing this more in-depth on the "The future of World" thread.
(23 October 2012, 14:34)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I always thought you were going solo though NR? You and family as one unit?

No man is an island mon ami, even rabidly pro individual or family unit preppers understand that there are times when mutual support are advantagous as is VOLUNTARY cooperation. But equally I believe Communes / Coops / Collectives and other marxist doctrines will only lead to failure and trouble.
(23 October 2012, 15:33)cryingfreeman Wrote: [ -> ]@ Scythe, we've been discussing this more in-depth on the "The future of World" thread.
That's what's made me start this thread. I thought that people new to the forum might not find all the information if it's in another thread.
When it is raining fire or what ever happens, you grab those closest and run to safety - this would probably mean your immediate family if you have any - I see this as loan wolf. On your travels you bump into someone you know and trust, why not run with them a while as long as it does not hurt short term goals?

If TS were to HTF and we saw a major population decline, after 6-12 months you are going to have strong interdependent groups. You can join them then, or stay away from them for 4-6 years, as this is the period they are going to struggle most and feel most vulnerable. I am worth more in the skills I have than the calories my body can provide for a few days, I would not be saying no to joining with the right people.