Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Last nights DDP on Nat Geo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Pleasantly suprised to see Bruce Beach still hard at it, he has been prepping even longer than me, I remember communicating with long before he actually got round to burying those 40 plus ex school buses.
I guess he must have decided to focus his efforts entirely in Canada but I seem to remember him talking about wanting to build another retreat in Kansas. Awefully nice chap did a lot to put preppers in touch with each other via his Ark 2 website many years ago.

The Second family on the show from Utah were what I would call the most level headed preppers we have seen todate, I was impressed with their efforts, nothing OTT cept perhaps the size of the truck Smile , no gun crazy just a loving family who understand exactly what a mess the west will be in if oil prices keep rising.

A refreshing bit of normality among preppers.
NR
I told you guys the series wasn't all doom and gloom for the prepping community, it's a reasonably well balanced show.

Although I must say, an old man with a bunch of underground schoolbuses that he wants to fit as many children as possible into without their parents... some may think he has an ulterior motive (I'm sure he's a lovely, well intentioned guy, but it looks odd)
I think Bruce is a nice guy, I saw people on forums goading him, ridiculing him, vilifying him and he always remained the perfect gent, it must be 20 years since I last communicated with him, still at least he is consistant in his preps and beliefs.
People will always ridicule others
Human nature Sir, Human nature.
i want his truck runs on anything petrol wiesal sump oil me likey likey
I think they only do about 8 MPG ? how many weisels is there to a gallon and will a ferret do instead Smile
(25 October 2012, 14:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I think they only do about 8 MPG ? how many weisels is there to a gallon and will a ferret do instead Smile

its wot we down here call deisel
(25 October 2012, 14:47)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 October 2012, 14:30)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I think they only do about 8 MPG ? how many weisels is there to a gallon and will a ferret do instead Smile

So erm ? what do you call diesel ? Smile Smile Smile sorry Barney. Smile
(25 October 2012, 16:36)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 October 2012, 14:47)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]

So erm ? what do you call diesel ? Smile Smile Smile sorry Barney. Smile

piss off you gitSmile
Pages: 1 2 3