Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Homemade liquid detergent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Will be trying this soon once the commerical detergent is gone will let you know how it turns out later.

http://whynotsew.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/...rgent.html
well correct me if im wrong here ( as i dont even know how to work the washer) but wiont using soap or washing soda clean your clothes on there own?? on wartime farm ruth just grated up a bar of soap to use and it worked fine!
It goes in the washing machine
So how are people going to dry there clothes? Im going to use a metal mop bucket with the mop drying bit(technical term?) Has anyone got other options?
mangle and washing line to dry clothes
Am I allowed to post links in here? It's to a blog by an Australian housewife (she is now a minor celeb in Australia because of her blog) where herself & her husband decided to go as self sufficient as possible. It tells you everything from jam making to storing veg & also how to make your own soap, dish soap, shampoo & washing machine soap.

Also a lot of people comment on her post & some of the tips they do are just as useful.

Also if you are DIY minded, instructables has a few good guides on how to make home-made washing machines & spin dryers.
(28 October 2012, 11:53)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Am I allowed to post links in here? It's to a blog by an Australian housewife (she is now a minor celeb in Australia because of her blog) where herself & her husband decided to go as self sufficient as possible. It tells you everything from jam making to storing veg & also how to make your own soap, dish soap, shampoo & washing machine soap.

Also a lot of people comment on her post & some of the tips they do are just as useful.

Also if you are DIY minded, instructables has a few good guides on how to make home-made washing machines & spin dryers.

Course you are, info must be shared thats what we are here for, post and be damned SD would remove anyfink he doesnt want, which isnt much.
http://down---to---earth.blogspot.co.uk/

Like I say, I found a lot of the info good for prepping. Hope it helps some people.
Excellent find
(28 October 2012, 11:53)Geordie_Rob Wrote: [ -> ]Am I allowed to post links in here?
For future reference post anything that you think will aid in our preps. I only concern myself with copyright when the copyright owner contacts me, because I get into trouble trouble if I don't and infighting amongst ourselves.

Pages: 1 2 3