Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Lots of forum jumping going on !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quite fascinating really , I note that there is quite a few folks jumping about from forum to forum lately, quite a bit above the norm, got no idea why and I'm not complaining, just noticed the trend.

Maybe people are expanding searches for special interests, or looking for people with similar viewpoints or perhaps just folks from the same counties as they are.

Usually its the lower forms of life like Journalists, spammers and trolls but now it appears folks are indeed looking for multiple forum activity.

More power to their elbows I say.
this is the only forum i use personally, got everything i need Smile

would be interesting to hear of any other recommended forums tho
its certainly an interesting trend though as you state Smile
Used others in the past, but this one feels like home.
(27 October 2012, 21:57)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Used others in the past, but this one feels like home.

amen to that Smile
I'm guessing we are seeing the better educated preppers taking the time to cross check multiple forums for intel or info on specific subjects, folks just double checking and getting second opinions on various subjects , that has to be applauded.

Or perhaps they are just looking at seeing how different forums do different things !!!! ( gallic shrug) but its interesting none the less.
Been lots of new users in the last few weeks, but there all bringing good info.
(27 October 2012, 22:04)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Been lots of new users in the last few weeks, but there all bringing good info.

Yarp, but how do we achieve mission impossible and get them to stay long term and become part of the community, because part of my recent efforts collating traffic is also the fact I see folks from other forums join us, say hi, then disappear again. That to me means we are not giving them what they want or we are not making enough effort to make them welcome.
I use one other forum myself. I think you pick up different things in different places. I have actually been on that other one for a long time, but something recently made me question some of the things that are said on it or not said and while their knowlege is amazing in many areas, something doesn't fit for me. I don't jump around, but before deciding on forums did look around to make sure I joined sites I was going to be happy with.
(27 October 2012, 22:08)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(27 October 2012, 22:04)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Been lots of new users in the last few weeks, but there all bringing good info.

Yarp, but how do we achieve mission impossible and get them to stay long term and become part of the community, because part of my recent efforts collating traffic is also the fact I see folks from other forums join us, say hi, then disappear again. That to me means we are not giving them what they want or we are not making enough effort to make them welcome.

The truths scary, this sites abit more honest about whats going on than others.
(27 October 2012, 21:52)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Quite fascinating really , I note that there is quite a few folks jumping about from forum to forum lately, quite a bit above the norm, got no idea why and I'm not complaining, just noticed the trend.

Maybe people are expanding searches for special interests, or looking for people with similar viewpoints or perhaps just folks from the same counties as they are.

Usually its the lower forms of life like Journalists, spammers and trolls but now it appears folks are indeed looking for multiple forum activity.

More power to their elbows I say.

Must ask though, how do you know people are jumping around unless you are also?? Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6