Survival UK Forums

Full Version: a night in the woods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
ok , girl in the background , a work collegue (no she wasent cut and pasted in ) she was practising putting her hammock up , it was her first time , so I was able to help her out
mozzie net army issue , But about £10.00
yes I feel very lucky to work there
under quilt is invaluable when the temperature goes low

regards

nenook
HER FIRST TIME !!! At what dare I ask ? Smile
Ah, that explains the green square. Made it look like it was another picture.
(28 October 2012, 20:04)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]HER FIRST TIME !!! At what dare I ask ? Smile

your comment made me think of that xD
ooh i can see we are going to along just fine with that kind of sense of humour,
regards

nenook
(28 October 2012, 10:42)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]and of the pretty girl in the background ??????? Smile

Not a pretty girl. It's a long haired hippie guy....so for you NR....silver lining!!! haha.

I've got to ask, how much does all that weigh?
hi mate with water and food for 24 hrs , total weight , 24 lbs .

regards

nenook
How much water did you carry with you?

Is your set-up that you used a part of your BOB?
(27 October 2012, 23:32)Nenook Wrote: [ -> ]I rigged this up and had a very good nights sleep , the mozzie net worked a treat , no good waiting until until I HAVE TO do it , used the woods at work .
[Image: P5140187-1.jpg]
regards
nenook

Bleddy simple and great man, the tarp keeps you dry, the sleeping bag keeps you warm, and the net keeps out the bugs!
Too many novices think they have to buy a fancy expensive doubleskinned tent to keep warm, but like I said, that's the sleeping bag's job!
For summer lowland camping a rig like yours is all anybody needs..Smile

thanks navigator for your comments , scythe 13 , yes mate that set up is in my bag, I took an army water bottle with me , a milbank water filter bag,to filer the particles then boil it , there was water available , but I thought id try and live with what I had , worked well , I learned I had to think about it pre-hand , , but that s why I spent a night in the woods ,I hate leaving things to chance , and as for summer vs winter al I have to do is stick a fleece liner in my sleeping bag ,light a long fire in front of the tarp and bingo ,

regards

nenook
Pages: 1 2 3 4