Survival UK Forums

Full Version: a night in the woods
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
That's really good Nanook.

I'm just trying to work out where I can shave off weight and where I need to add more, that's all.

My pack is much smaller than yours, so I don't think I'd be carrying as much equipment as you would be. But I've opted for a similar system to yours.
yeah I know what you mean , but its one of those things that you never quite get right , ie , I cant stop messing with it , trying different things out , I dont carry that much kit , Im not a rucksack filler if you know what I mean , show us some photos

regards
nenook
(30 October 2012, 20:16)Nenook Wrote: [ -> ]yeah I know what you mean , but its one of those things that you never quite get right , ie , I cant stop messing with it , trying different things out , I dont carry that much kit , Im not a rucksack filler if you know what I mean , show us some photos

regards
nenook

Loads of my stuff is in the User Experiences section. But I'm building a new minimalist kit that I hope to try out this winter. If it works in winter, it'll work for the rest of the year.
(30 October 2012, 21:58)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Loads of my stuff is in the User Experiences section. But I'm building a new minimalist kit that I hope to try out this winter. If it works in winter, it'll work for the rest of the year.

Hey, you know you have been told by the experts its silly, danergous and irresponsible of you to go camping in winter, do as your betters tell you Smile
(30 October 2012, 21:58)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Loads of my stuff is in the User Experiences section. But I'm building a new minimalist kit that I hope to try out this winter.

Oh god here we go AGAIN, Scythe wandering around the woods wearing nothing but a condom over his head !!!Smile
Im not against minimalistic, but whilst Ive got a strong back and the willingness to carry our creature comforts , it cant hurt ,

regards

nenook
I think the time is fast approaching for a meet , I can feel a plan forming

regards

nenook
Let us know where you're minimalistic camping in the deep winter scythe13.
I could do with a new rucksack.
(30 October 2012, 22:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Oh god here we go AGAIN, Scythe wandering around the woods wearing nothing but a condom over his head !!!Smile

Living the dream baby!!!
(31 October 2012, 09:26)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(30 October 2012, 22:13)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Oh god here we go AGAIN, Scythe wandering around the woods wearing nothing but a condom over his head !!!Smile

Living the dream baby!!!

not quite fear and loathing lol
This is how I often go camping with the dogs, the morning after this was taken we woke to snow on the basher,... strangly the wife does do camping!!!!!!

[Image: Front.jpg]
[Image: Rear.jpg]
The last photo (above) clearly shows the rear of the shelter backed up to the wind direction, in that photo you can see that the sides have been filled in with bracken and grasses

Its not always whats above you that keeps you warm, its what you have under you thats important, cold comes up from below, so my bed was made up of small pine branches, covered with bracken and topped with a think layer of moss,... then a sleeping bag

I also put down bracken for the dogs

[Image: madeupbed.jpg]

The dogs always carry their own share of the weight, I have three Shepherds, here are two of them

[Image: sadlebags.jpg]
Pages: 1 2 3 4