Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Got some goodies.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

I made it back from USA in one piece and without molestation at border control, although I did get a funny look.
I have returned with a few prep/camping/bug-out related goodies though not nearly as much as I wanted.
sterno folding stove
lightweight mess kit
powdered fruit juice
antibiotic ointment sachets
tubes antibiotic ointment
5'x7' ripstop nylon tarp
single portions peanut butter, shampoo, conditioner, soap ('borrowed' from hotel!)
canning lids
If I spent $50 on all of the above I would be surprised.
More importantly I've made contact with some grand people who will send regular siege parcels of anything I may require.
Had a great time, weather was perfect for camping, then Hurricane Sandy spoiled the fun and I decided to cut short my holiday as I my flight was booked for monday evening from JFK!!
Hi how did you find the USA ?
glad you got back safely before the storm TOF!

how did you enjoy it? i should be going there myself in a month and a half Smile

whats the tarp like? most the tarps ive found are too expensive for me so that one you got sounds like a bargain, would be nice to hear what the other things are like, also where'd ya go to get them? did you just get online but sent to where you were staying or did you find some decent shops?
welcome home TOF!Big Grin
Good to have you back TOF!

Glad you have a good time over there. Everything in the US is super cheap, but good quality!!!

Nice purchase list.
If you didnt bring us a stick of rock back we are gonna sulk.

Sorry NR, the colonials don't even know how to make tea properly(ICED tea?!?/!!) let alone make rock.
USA is lovely, people on the whole are very nice and polite. The most depressing thing of all, is you can pop into any supermarket and pick up an arsenal of firearms with your weekly shopping.
H, the tarp is like tent material, but heavier duty and folds up into a pocket sized pouch.
And I got all of that at Walmart. REI, Cabelas and Bass Pro are great stores and do stock things you can't get anywhere else, like the antibiotic cream sachets and I got a good flat gallon water carrier from REI but you really do pay for the name.
Oh, if you don't drive, make sure you research the public transport in the area you wish to go to. The car is king over there, and public transport links are not great.
I came home with another handmade knife. This one is lurrvely.
(29 October 2012, 12:50)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry NR, the colonials don't even know how to make tea properly(ICED tea?!?/!!) let alone make rock.
USA is lovely, people on the whole are very nice and polite. The most depressing thing of all, is you can pop into any supermarket and pick up an arsenal of firearms with your weekly shopping.

Oh i know that mon ami, I lived briefly in Kansas, lovely salt of the earth people, I nearly bankrupted myself in Gibsons, Walmart etc.
(28 October 2012, 16:17)David075 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi how did you find the USA ?

Pilot had a sat-nav. Tongue
Glad you made it back safely. I'd love to travel to the US and grab some goodies, heck I think I'd use my weight allocation with tattler lids and spare bands for them Smile

http://www.reusablecanninglids.com/
Pages: 1 2