Survival UK Forums

Full Version: new snooping powers on travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I mostly use back (unclassified) country and B roads, nearest motorway ENDS 30 miles away.
I prefer the back roads anyway cept at harvest time.
(29 October 2012, 11:20)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer the back roads anyway cept at harvest time.

i'd rather be stuck behind a slow tractor than get stuck on some motorway after an accident going nowhere fast(did this couple of years ago..didnt move for 2 hours) and nowhere to turn off, at least on a back country road i can find an alternative route.
This increased use of ANPR really bugs me. It's everywhere now - even motorway service stations. Increasingly I find myself using public transport, buying the ticket cash and wearing a hat against the CCTV cameras. (Seriously!)
The state needs the cash. Only thing is if they do this them it will have massive repercussions. many won't travel to work at all and then tax take down on fuel, people won't need cars.

Greedy scum.
the prob is ALL the b roads would be FULL of more sheeple just when i wanna bo to bp,s place .......france does this in a way now and i can tell you it can get busy
(29 October 2012, 21:47)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]the prob is ALL the b roads would be FULL of more sheeple just when i wanna bo to bp,s place .......france does this in a way now and i can tell you it can get busy

i think most Sheeple will just pay up and just use the main roads, B roads and unclassified roads around here are only used by locals, sheeple and tourists tend to get lost!
Around here you can't go anywhere without going on an A road. I can reach the end of my street and then I'm on a A road. You can't travel anywhere in the UK unless you actually live in the country and work really close to home. Catch 22 situation where they win, again.
If all road tax was spent on the roads, then we would not have this problems. We also need to go back to the old system of road tax where it was a flat fee per car rather than it being waved or cheaper for some cars and more expensive for others based on how much CO2 they emit / mile.

Someone may have say, A Range Rover and do 2000 miles a year and pay £400+ road tax compared to someone who has a car that is not liable or has low cost road tax and does 12K miles a year. Who produces more CO2?

Under what other system are we taxed on potential. Using the model of road tax, the government could come along to me and say

'You could earn £300K a year, we want £120K tax from you this year'.

Yeah, makes sense.
Pages: 1 2