Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Eerily apocalyptic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sky news tonight showed New york city as dusk rolled in, twas amazing to see the city in panoramic view from about 10 miles away and there was no lights to be seen. God knows what its like on the streets overnight but you can be sure the predators are out and the New Yorkers who complied with the gun ban laws in that city are now terrified.
Not personally heard abut looting yet.
I'm thinking you won't either.
It's election time.
Both politicians will be wanting the peoples focus on something else and must be quite happy about Sandy.

Three reasons.
With everyone focused on Sandy, they don't have to answer any of the real questions like "what you going to do about the financial crisis".

Civil unrest in the form of looting in a crisis is bad news for politicians as it is viewed as weak leadership. Who wants a president who stands about looking grim yet imposing Marshall law as his population are looting because aid isn't apparent.

Lastly the Sandy is great for the balance sheet deficit.
Whats the cost of this storm, 10 Billion?
So when the next set of figures are due and the US is down by 10 billion, it ain't whoever gets into power fault, it's Sandy's fault.
  • If Obama gets re-elected, that's his cop out for years to come. Figures are bad as we have to rebuild.
  • If the other guy gets in power, the deficit was Obama's fault and it'll only get worse as we had to rebuild.

A win win situation for both parties BUT only If they keep things quiet about what is really going on.
(1 November 2012, 00:31)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Not personally heard abut looting yet.

Daily mail yesterday showed a looter having to be rescued by the cops who then promply arrested him. My sons friends on Facebook in New Jersey say theres plenty of looting going on , mainly from damaged homes.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...lding.html
I was watching sky news last night and they showed people helping their selves to others belongings and the anchor man turned around and said it wasn't really looting. Work that one out
Hmmm whats the national guard been deployed for then....
For show don't forget their elections are in a week or two, obama has to be seen doing something useful