Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Normal Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OH has just asked me to put this on the site: "OH's normal Sunday morning..all electric household"... 1.heating on time switch 2. shower and hair wash 3.dry hair....with electric hair dryer 4.make scones 5.load of washing into the washing machine 6.make bread....in bread machine 7.cups of coffee 8. run hoover around and 9. husband has been on forum all morning!Big Grin SO, what are we ALL going to be doing when TSHTF?? VERY different to this, me feels. From BP's OH.
Well TBH if I lived in an all electric household I would be definately buying myself a back up genny and having it professionally installed so I only have to throw a switch to isolate the house from the mains and then fire up the genny.

Long term if the property was not suitable to upgrade with wood stoves etc i would have to bite the bullet and move, or head off to the camping shop to buy propane powered cooker, heater, light, water heater and then scoot over to the recyc depot and get some gas bottles to fill.
Watch out B.P. sounds like shes after you... better put the pinny on for a while this afternoon...
Jane rulers that household and rightly so, shes the one with the talent and brains.
N.R. you can also have it wired in to start when the electric goes provided its not got a pull cord. You can also have turn off once the pull comes on. Not ask me how the brother in law a eccie he done ours.
not forgetting the looks

I would be inclided at looking what you can convert now away from electricity, followed by what can be converted to PV electricity.

BP, sorry, you are just screwed mate. This forum is hosted at an ISP who has 36 hours of power. However, I bet it goes through places that have 24 hours of power. So, if you really wanted you may have some extra time on it. Most of us would be cut off straight away by home comms so there would be very few people to talk to. Sorry.
yeah yeah, i expected a few of these commentsBig Grin basically Jane is having a dig at all the guys on here this morning whilst OH's are running around after them!Big Grin
A portable wood / coal burning stove must be the easiest and among the cheapest wise precautions you can take, and / or a pile of bottle gas powered kit.
(4 November 2012, 12:59)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yeah yeah, i expected a few of these commentsBig Grin basically Jane is having a dig at all the guys on here this morning whilst OH's are running around after them!Big Grin

Ha!!! well actually miss Jane I put dinner on most Sundays...
Does that mean I'm well trained?
And I do the housework whilst the wifey goes to work....
so much for the tough prepper look...TongueTongueTongue
Damn...
I can sew, make clothes... fit four chocolate digestives in my mouth at once....wife said I'm wasted being straight.
cant do much about the house being all electric, it was the best offer we had when we wanted to come home to Devon,. bring HA we have to abide by the tenancy which says no log burners....i would like to get a log burner, one made from a gas cylinder, one we can cook off too for after TSHTF, will store it in the "garage" until then, but havent had any luck getting hold of one...and my welding skills are non existent before anyone asksTongue i suppose we could always try and do another "swap" but there arent many "council" houses that have fireplaces and chimneys these days and any new ones are built all electric, even if we could find someone who wanted to move here..which is debateable, we have got the short term basics covered, gaz stoves, camping stove, "bomber"-mobile gas heater, torches, lanterns etc.etc. so if power off short term we can manage fine, but long term is another matter....if power is down/societal breakdown, that another matter, in which case we would probably bug out to one of our BOL properties(previously scouted) which have fireplaces and chimneys. if its societal breakdown/WROL we dont want to be around other people anyway.Angel
Pages: 1 2