Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A greater urgency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone

Just a quick question relating to something SS said in the 'what have you done towards your prep' post. He said "I don't know about you, but I'm speeding up." Granted this is not the most ground breaking statement and will probably not have poems written about it. But it got me thinking....so am I.

For some reason, possibly the change of season, shifting magnetic polarity, change of diet (bloody 5 a day veg!!!), or maybe it's a natural reaction to decreased sunlight resulting in a deficiency in vitamin D causing a darkening of mood/emotions....I digress.....but that statement made me wonder how many of us are increasing our level of urgency in getting our preps in place ASAP?

I believe that as people, we have a tendency to seek survival more in the winter months, while enjoying the sun and pleasure in the summer. Same as most animals living in a temperate climate. However, for some reason, this winter, above any other, my desire to prep and my overwhelming need to be ready for the future has accelerated GREATLY!!!

Does anyone else have this same feeling, more so than usual, or is it just me?
Oh, and before you start wondering...I'm the last person to behave and act out of gut feeling. I'm not the kind to use the words "I had a bad dream and I believe that..............is going to happen."

Neither am I on drugs, or any other stimulant (although I'm about to make a coffee).
I also tend to speed up or do a bit more as the winter approaches.
you could well be right sythe13 with regards to winter who knows ....if you are looking for a defined answer i can,t give you one in inverted commers, in my case its a feeling i have .. and must admit the more i read up and yt ( once you decode the shit and idiots ) ....in my eyes that is ....i gain more and more understanding of whats going down, again seen through my eyes and how i percieve events in real time... i often look at stuff, then leave it then go back then look at alternative views for balance..i don,t do drugs but i do like a wiskey or 3..... the problem is ...i see some people going about thier lives without a care ... its over there not here ....then i see real people struggling just to get by and not making it.... i come from a time when nobody was better off than anyone else ..in that time nobody locked doors there was nothing to steel anyway in my welsh valley village but i do remember respect for others and anyone needing help got it without asking for it.......look around you scyth13 soak it up ....no bloody wonder i am speeding up
Winter definitely gets me moving.
Loss of water and power is common here so out comes the spare water butt with it's tea cosy of bubble wrap among other things.

Plus there is all this uncertainty going round about general things in the UK.
That's pretty unsettling going into the cold months but I'm guessing that if anything kicks off regarding civil unrest, it will wait until it gets warm again, end of March.

Im always busier autum/winter, prefer the weather being cold or crisp. Not a fan of the heat
I agree with you there Paul. Civil unrest will only happen in the warmer months. That's why Greece had that prolonged riot and sustained aggression, while in the UK our riots ended as soon as it first rained. Haha, how shallow the UK revolutionary lot are. Sorry, I mean, thugs.
Yup riots in the Uk tend to be August or if we have an Indian summer and only so long as cheap booze is plentiful and often if the schools are closed
I did one year of philosophy at uni, then changed course. One thing my lecturer said, that really effected me "The job of students is to protest."

That one statement made me think so much!!! It's a fascinating concept. However, it's not the job of students to riot. Pity someone didn't let other students know.
And its usually anarchists, students, public sector, unions and chavs plus the odd celebs spolit son to blame
(6 November 2012, 10:57)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I did one year of philosophy at uni, then changed course. One thing my lecturer said, that really effected me "The job of students is to protest."

That one statement made me think so much!!! It's a fascinating concept. However, it's not the job of students to riot. Pity someone didn't let other students know.

Many of the lecturers at Warwick uni spend much of their time preaching filthy marxist garbage and radicalising students.
(6 November 2012, 10:57)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]And its usually anarchists, students, public sector, unions and chavs plus the odd celebs spolit son to blame
(6 November 2012, 10:57)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]I did one year of philosophy at uni, then changed course. One thing my lecturer said, that really effected me "The job of students is to protest."

Many of the lecturers at Warwick uni spend much of their time preaching filthy marxist garbage and radicalising students.

I like how my lecturer said one beautiful thing to a student talking about Marxism.
Lecturer asked "Have you read any of Marx's books?"
Student "No...but I've heard-"
Lecturer "If you've not read what is says and studied it, then you're speaking from ignorance. Close your mouth before you embarrass yourself."

He then went on to explain that Marx said it was all theory, and that Capitalism was a requirement for a communist system to be implemented.
Pages: 1 2