Survival UK Forums

Full Version: PROPER Archery combat target practice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Here is something that would be good for all preppers young and old to do, and at say annual RVs for fun and skill honing.

http://archerytag.com/blog/category/archery/
Haha, it's like Robin Hood meets Airsoft.

Would rather learn this kind of thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9RGnujlkI
http://www.archery-tag.eu/index.html

Loads of events down south ideal venues for friendly prepper gatherings
FRACHISES available !!!!
Good morning, NR,

Thanks for posting this! I will certainly look into it today.
my kids will love this and get some good archery training in.
We all will actually!

Thanks again!
(7 November 2012, 10:00)Mandlaka Wrote: [ -> ]Good morning, NR,

Thanks for posting this! I will certainly look into it today.
my kids will love this and get some good archery training in.
We all will actually!

Thanks again!

Ahaaaa we do have new members who can think laterally, Teaching combat archery for FUN now equates to a confident young archers in a real combat scenario in later years. Imagine young preppers or even adult preppers who master instinctive shooting with a bow now in times of peace and security and how comfortable and less stressed they will be after TSHTF.
I wholeheartedly agree with you, NR.
Things are best learned when they are fun or really shake a person with real fear as far as I have found out thus far. They are thus learned and deeply embedded in such a way as to never be forgotten.
Archery in enclosed spaces probably also needs a different set of rules than archery in the open where one may have large firing arcs or fields of view along with large distances.
Instinctive shooting will pay huge dividens when in combat in smaller areas.

Which all leads me to continue my quest a real arse kicking Mongolian bow...
Quicks do some nice korean, Classic and Grozer bows and none are more than £150 and even better none are longer than 52 inches long.
On page 13 of there catalogue they do a Kaya trad bow only 48 inches long for £125, and a Kaya horse bow 52 inches long for the same money both available in draw weights from 30 to 55 pounds in 5 pound increments
Awesome!

I will need to check on what my sons can draw. At least to start with.
Then I can get them started. I happen to have got some resistance bands a few days ago to begin trying to exercise the needed muscles. Looks like I will buy another set so they exercise together with me.

I will call the archery contact and see where they have their meets. Keep you updated.
(7 November 2012, 10:22)Mandlaka Wrote: [ -> ]Awesome!

I will need to check on what my sons can draw. At least to start with.
Then I can get them started. I happen to have got some resistance bands a few days ago to begin trying to exercise the needed muscles. Looks like I will buy another set so they exercise together with me.

I will call the archery contact and see where they have their meets. Keep you updated.

I refer you to the excellent basic and very cheap Barnett Little Banshees Compund bows and the Banshee Quad 25 pound draw compound bow quite a few forum members have settled on as basic/ trainer and interim very compact bows, There are reviews and discussions in the archery section up the middle of the forum.
SD Introduced me to the Bashee quad, I was so impressed I bought THREE, and will add more to my caches when funds allows, within 20 minutes of getting these bows I , my wife and son had all mastered it. so now each of us has a 25 pound draw Banshee quad in our BOBs / GHB kits. I think others such as AL and RW are also intending on getting them, W & C already had one.
Saved me a few hours there, NR!

I will certainly check them out.
I am still a complete novice so please bear with me on this but how deep would be the penetration from a broadhead shot from a 25 pound bow?
I hope I am not stepping on legal toes here but I need to start finding out, I think.

If bows of such weight would suffice, then I would have 3 archers to defend my home and not just one if it's only just me and my boys who bug in at my flat if SHTF while they are still so young.
Pages: 1 2