Survival UK Forums

Full Version: I love these balls !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Today I went and had a mooch at THE COMET SALE....very disappointing, Just as I was making my way back out I spotted a 10%..yes a massive 105 off sign.
It was for a pack of 3 Eco balls. You use these instead of washing powder and they were £20,
I pay £8 a box for washing powder and they do 34 washes per box, These Eco balls claim to do 1000 washes....
The box was a quarter of the size of my norm washing powder and as I'm hoping to move with very little van space, I thought I would give them a try. I got home, Ran half a sink of warm water and put in 2 of the Eco balls, gave the clothes and balls a 10 mins swish around and checked the clothes (you don't have to rinse clothes using the balls )
To my amazement the clothes were clean, not that they were really dirty anyway. These balls save on water, chems and electric making them green in my opinion.
http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/product...eco-balls/
We don't have a comet here but I will get one of my friends to have a look out for them thanks for the tip
You can get them from Ebay or the link I just posted. You can also add more water to the grey water they produce and it doesn't harm the plants when watered with the grey water. I am lead to believe anyway Smile
I don't have an ebay account but I know a lady who does I'll get her to look them up for me thanks hun
If its the ones filled with the clay balls, don't use them in an automatic washing machine. They shattered in ours & I had to extract all the balls from all the clothes. The mrs wasn't happy.
They look like clay balls...light brown and white ones? I used them twice in my auto today, so far so good but think they are probs best for hand washing, which will be great if you have to bug out as they take up very little room.
Handy if no power & you need to hand wash like you said. I'm thinking stores for after an event maybe.
I'd love to know what they're like when washing REALLY dirty clothes. The kind of thing that you get back from going paintballing, or something like that.

Anyone tried them on that kind of mud encrusted clothing?