Survival UK Forums

Full Version: WHAT MUSIC WILL YOU TAKE WITH YOU ON YOUR MP3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
BEEN THINKING WHAT WILL I LISTEN TO.... THE BEATLES, ALL OF IT HENDRIX ALL OF... THIN LIZZY ALL OF....FREE....BAD CO ALL.. ANYTHING BY RAY PHILLIPS BUDGIE...F/W MAC EARLY STUFF.... CREAM ALL OF ...BLIND FAITH NOT MUCH OF...... AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ...MYFANWY BY THE WELSH MALE VOICE CHOIR.......WHAT WILL YOU TAKE ON YOUR MP3
(12 November 2012, 00:45)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]BEEN THINKING WHAT WILL I LISTEN TO.... THE BEATLES, ALL OF IT HENDRIX ALL OF... THIN LIZZY ALL OF....FREE....BAD CO ALL.. ANYTHING BY RAY PHILLIPS BUDGIE...F/W MAC EARLY STUFF.... CREAM ALL OF ...BLIND FAITH NOT MUCH OF...... AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ...MYFANWY BY THE WELSH MALE VOICE CHOIR.......WHAT WILL YOU TAKE ON YOUR MP3

The Stones back catalogue, the beatles, dire straights, cream, ac/dc , any classic rock. Then notorious B.I.G, tupac, mace, through to justice and whatever other filthy electro i.can get my hands on Smile
Oh, and the Blues Brother soundtrack so I cam do karaoke too
If i had an mp3 player it would have everything from black metal to motown. No phil collins or genesis post shtf Big Grin
My Glam Rock ( Sweet, Glitter band, Slade, T Rex etc and my Psychodelic collection. Threeeeeeeeee gaames today seeeeeeeeee emily plaaaaaaayyyyyyy. I will fly a yellow paper sun in your window,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Shes a Rainbowwwwwwwww, and of course everything by Bowie, Cream and the stones. and some luuuurve music like John Secada, Barry white, with a hit of modern folk rock.

Nothing by Elton John, Dianna Ross, Stevie Wonder or Michael Jackson
(12 November 2012, 00:45)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]BEEN THINKING WHAT WILL I LISTEN TO.... THE BEATLES, ALL OF IT HENDRIX ALL OF... THIN LIZZY ALL OF....FREE....BAD CO ALL.. ANYTHING BY RAY PHILLIPS BUDGIE...F/W MAC EARLY STUFF.... CREAM ALL OF ...BLIND FAITH NOT MUCH OF...... AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST ...MYFANWY BY THE WELSH MALE VOICE CHOIR.......WHAT WILL YOU TAKE ON YOUR MP3

Rolleyes It is on the left... three up. Tongue
Gangnam Style -PSY HAHAHAHA, I'm kidding.

I'm more of an audio-book person. I'd take Moby Dick, because it's 38 hours (my version is, but you can get slightly shorter ones), The Bible (I'm a Christian, even though I swear, so that would be required), I'd also take some basic survival audio books, and LOADS of motivation. Motivation would be really important to get through those really heard times, that we all know we would face, post SHTF. Oh, and a load of adventure fiction and survival stories. Good motivation, but also, very important information can be taken out of it.
John Coltrane, Roland Kirk, Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers, Charles Mingus, Ornette Coleman, 1959 was probably the best year for music ever.

Thelonious Monk, Miles Davis, Billie Holiday, Any jazz from Bebop onwards.

Gilad Atzmon is a modern genius and probably one of the best alto players ever.

I do listen to a wide variety of musical styles from contemporary classical and minimalist to thrash metal and modern dance music but if I had to take just one style of music with me it would be jazz music.
s13 i gunna aff to operate on ewe boyo.....no music....you need lots of help.....its my duty to sort ewe out son
(12 November 2012, 11:25)Straight Shooter Wrote: [ -> ]s13 i gunna aff to operate on ewe boyo.....no music....you need lots of help.....its my duty to sort ewe out son

It's pretty bad hu?

If I told you I don't watch TV or listen to the radio (except Radio 4 - Information FM) does that make the situation even worse for me. I own about 8 albums, at most. I have around 100 songs, at most, on my iTunes list. While I have about the same number of audiobooks.

I'm not against music. It's just not something that appeals to me. Same as how most people wouldn't want to spend 13 hours of audio time learning to sell better, or spend countless hours learning another language (or 3). I may be weird, but I'm great at pub quizzes....that don't have a sport, music, TV, or celebrity news, round haha.
DONT FORGET THE PREPPER ANTHEM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnzHtm1jhL4
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5