Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Out of Work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Well, it looks very likely that my contract will not be extended past 28th December - so I'm going to be out of work just in time for the new year - and the wife's birthday Angry

I despise signing on - so it looks like I may be working in the local boozer. Thankfully the wife has just got a job as a health care assistant in the operating theatre at the local hospital, should be starting soon (hopefully!)

Fucking typical eh - just when things were starting to look up.
(13 November 2012, 11:57)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Well, it looks very likely that my contract will not be extended past 28th December - so I'm going to be out of work just in time for the new year - and the wife's birthday Angry

I despise signing on - so it looks like I may be working in the local boozer. Thankfully the wife has just got a job as a health care assistant in the operating theatre at the local hospital, should be starting soon (hopefully!)

Fucking typical eh - just when things were starting to look up.
what a nice christmas present...not!!
Its shit, hope you get something sorted out.
(13 November 2012, 11:59)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]what a nice christmas present...not!!

Exactly. They can't 100% say either way for a few weeks either, so that kind of leaves me in limbo. Angry
What do you do for a living at the moment. If you don't mind me asking
(13 November 2012, 12:09)PrepperJohn Wrote: [ -> ]What do you do for a living at the moment. If you don't mind me asking

I'm a Principle / Senior Information Analyst for the health service. We've been told that there's going to be a 40% reduction in staff by April - but I was assured my contract would run until the end of March.

The really annoying thing is I've turned down a few interviews recently as they would involve staying away from the wife an child for a few nights a week, plus I was told I had a job here! Time to put myself out on the job market again.
do you have a written contract that says your contract is until march?? if so, if you are laid of early you should either get pay until march or get some compensation!!Big Grin
(13 November 2012, 12:16)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a written contract that says your contract is until march?? if so, if you are laid of early you should either get pay until march or get some compensation!!Big Grin

Nope - rolling contract. It's okay until 28/12/2012 but that's it.
(13 November 2012, 12:16)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(13 November 2012, 12:16)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a written contract that says your contract is until march?? if so, if you are laid of early you should either get pay until march or get some compensation!!Big Grin

Nope - rolling contract. It's okay until 28/12/2012 but that's it.

bummer!!
Yeah. Maybe it's time for a change of direction. I always fancied an army surplus stall on the local market / car boot. Money is probably crap, but it's good to have supplies.

Time to build up the bank reserves so I have some wonga to get set up if necessary.
Pages: 1 2 3 4