Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bluffing that worked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are you good at bluffing?
I watched today a couple of drivers matching up to each other today. Pure road rage.
The aggrieved 15-16 stone blob of a "40 something" tosser was yelling and screaming about how he was going to kick the sh1t out of another guy because he had "pinched his parking place" in a public car park.

Petty? You bet. Still lets keep going.

Out of the parked car climbed an older guy, probably an OAP about 60 ish. Bit weedy nothing visually aggressive in his actions (if there is such a thing).

Got the picture?

The tosser advances only to stop dead as the older guy adopts a standard combat stance. So far this guy has said nothing.

Out of the car climbs his wife saying loudly, "Don't hurt him too badly dear or you'll end up in court again", like this was a regular occurrence.

Stand off! Young guy mouthing, old guy quietly stood there in the "on guard" position.

Guess what happened then? The young guy stormed off.

What he didn't see was the older driver then reached inside his car and got his two walking sticks out and with wife helping, walked off.

I was intrigued and stopped the older man to ask if he was OK.
"Oh yes", he said, "Works everytime the wife saying that".

Now that's a class act if I've ever seen one!
Excellent. Glad he stood his ground. Stealing your parking space? Im sick of this social autism and bullyboy tactic, people need to grow up.
this works for me aswell paul except i,m the one saying"please don,t hurt him to much dear or you,ll be down this time
I dont say anything, the loudest sound from me is just a little click !!!!!!! Smile
A female friend of mine who is ex-army told me that her old sargeant told her some story that involved stepping forward even when scared as this action planted a bigger seed of fear in an opponent's mind, especially when they outnumbered you.

I was forced to try this trick when I confronted some market trader in South Londonistan who almost ran over my son with his van. I was really frightened because he had 3 brothers with him but the trick worked a treat!
I am not in a rush to try that again but am glad it turned out well. I hate getting into fights and I really hated this but it made me wise up a bit more.

Thanks for that trick, Anna!!! I will always remember it!
(15 November 2012, 22:44)Mandlaka Wrote: [ -> ]A female friend of mine who is ex-army told me that her old sargeant told her some story that involved stepping forward even when scared as this action planted a bigger seed of fear in an opponent's mind, especially when they outnumbered you.

I was forced to try this trick when I confronted some market trader in South Londonistan who almost ran over my son with his van. I was really frightened because he had 3 brothers with him but the trick worked a treat!
I am not in a rush to try that again but am glad it turned out well. I hate getting into fights and I really hated this but it made me wise up a bit more.

Thanks for that trick, Anna!!! I will always remember it!

Of course choose very carefully on whom you will pull this move. It may just backfire on you...!
The bully is almost always the loudest one, and very often the one who wants to `seem to be tough`,... I would be wary of the quiet one every time,..as for the old guy in the car park,.. I would want to shake his hand, he might not have had strength in his legs, but he had fire in his belly
I'm gonna put a spin on this & say what's the deal with the old guy going around constantly nicking people's parking spaces? He obviously knows it annoys people enough to start fights cos his wife says dont hurt him too bad this time & the old guy to say it works everytime
in my youth ... at a dance... full of beer...i picked my meat.... said what the f..k you looking at.... no responce.... till i got outside.... slight lad... knocked 7 of my teeth out ....when i come round i told myself it was the beer...... (i boxed as a young un ) not so tough even without beer! but i do remember the upper cut everytime i look in the mirror though......moral.....shut the f..k up when drinking beer
hahaha what a gerat story Big Grin

personally i like to add a sadistic little smile in when havin to square upto a group of people, if the fact your actually willing to fight them (or appear that way) a crazy smile that looks like your gonna enjoy it really creeps the fuck out of them xD....and yeah its worked for me in the past.

although i think the best thing to avoid a fight is to exude an aura of "dont fuck with me" ive always done this since i was a kid, when i got to secondary school i got into a fight knocked out some kid in 1 punch, got a name for myself of being nuts (e.g. when in year 7 trying to takedown a year 11 in british bulldog) after that not many people mess with you xD only exceptions to that were some kid pouring grape juice in my hair when i was at the bottom of a bundle, suffice to say i crawled out picked the kid up and threw him into a bramble hedge, after he tried to kick me and punch me i landed one square on his nose and out he went, i was in year 10 so about 14, that was the last fight i'd been in....just keep up that "aura" and people will avoid you, just subtle gestures and ways of acting simply appearing to have that inner confidence scares most off....its all psychology really Smile
having some manners when on the road helps to avoid conflict expecting other road users to do stupid things help if you are one of these people that get road rage.
Pages: 1 2