Survival UK Forums

Full Version: pound shop preps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
if you have a pound shop near you, try looking in there for preps. you'll never know what thy might stock at any given point!
Hi,
I have got lots of things from the pound shops, your right the stock does change and many useful items
can be found there. Same with charity shops, one day its just rubbish, then the next day theres goodies to be had.
i have bought alot of stuff from there..... they rotate good stuff regular .... but around this time of year they focuss on xmas..... but always worth a look
Best to go around April, may & June time for the outdoor stuff. Good for camping/lightweight survival items. Plus things like cereal bars, cheap tins etc..

The £1 shops are my favourite shops.
As G-R said, they have some good camping gear.

They're really good for tins of food as well. You can sometimes get deals of 3 or 4 tins for £1.00 but depending on what it is, that might not be a great deal.
i havent seen a £ shop for years...get most of my stuff off Ebay!!
I too love a pound shop and no shopping trip is complete without one!
Supermarket value brands are great too.
I highlighted that Tesco was selling 3ltrs of still water for 17p
Buggar me, three days later it went up to 24p, are supermarkets stalking these sites?!
Still, I managed to buy and bury 100 bottles before it went up though.

Sean, I think it would be a great idea to have a place on this forum to let everyone know where to find these cheap options and for people who find them to put them o a board for all to see?
(4 September 2013, 17:50)Leigh Wrote: [ -> ]I managed to buy and bury 100 bottles before it went up though.

You didn't just drop these in a hole did you? PET bottles will breakdown over time. Plus if it floods.....
Okay, so pound shops for preps... what to look out for?

I know charity shops often sell gloves, hats and occasionally rucksacks or camping equipment.
(13 September 2013, 12:52)Kiril Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, so pound shops for preps... what to look out for?

I know charity shops often sell gloves, hats and occasionally rucksacks or camping equipment.

They're good for cheap tarps , cheap camping gear, gardening stuff, our local one was even selling 25ltr bags of compost! They'd all gone by the time I got there though Sad

Just keep the stuf as back-up, the quality is no where near good enough to rely on it. BUT, good for bartering etc.

They also do hot chocolate & bovril (mmmmmmm, bovril) powder in cups (packs of 8) just ad hot water and you're done.
Pages: 1 2