Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Knoydart Peninsula !!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just been asked by a family if I would visit em and help em work out a prepping plan and assessment for their place " near the Knoydart peninsula" I didnt know of such a place in the UK, but apparently is in Scotlands upper bit where wild haggis still roam free.

Could be both my first jaunt up that way and my first planning contract in Scotland as well, I better start analysing that areas topography, geology, history and infrastructure pretty quick if I decide to venture up north Smile Why is none of the profitable ventures located in this region Smile
NR

Knoydart peninsula !!!! Who'd a thunk ??? I thought it was in Spain ????
Either way Scotland or Spain I think it wont be cost effective so I'll prolly pass.
Good place, difficult access by land, sea about usual option.
Cold and wet and don't think a good growing season or area.
Give it some sun and it could be worthwhile but also too far, if there is such a thing, from others. Thinking mainly about after SHTF.
No man is an Island
John

(17 November 2012, 13:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Just been asked by a family if I would visit em and help em work out a prepping plan and assessment for their place " near the Knoydart peninsula" I didnt know of such a place in the UK, but apparently is in Scotlands upper bit where wild haggis still roam free.

Could be both my first jaunt up that way and my first planning contract in Scotland as well, I better start analysing that areas topography, geology, history and infrastructure pretty quick if I decide to venture up north Smile Why is none of the profitable ventures located in this region Smile
NR

Knoydart peninsula !!!! Who'd a thunk ??? I thought it was in Spain ????
Either way Scotland or Spain I think it wont be cost effective so I'll prolly pass.

(17 November 2012, 15:08)John Wrote: [ -> ]too far, if there is such a thing, from others. Thinking mainly about after SHTF.
No man is an Island
John

pity its so far north, would have suited me to a Tee("too far from others") right up my street!!Big Grin
Knodart is just north of Mallaig where you get the ferry to the Isle of Skye, [on the map it is opposite `Sleet` southern Skye]... only one road in and out, and not a good one at that, often better accessed by boat,... one pub claiming [ with good reason] to be the most remote pub in the land

I can tell you that the Postie uses a Quad bike and delivers every other day, which might tell you something of the area
(17 November 2012, 17:43)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Knodart is just north of Mallaig where you get the ferry to the Isle of Skye, [on the map it is opposite `Sleet` southern Skye]... only one road in and out, and not a good one at that, often better accessed by boat,... one pub claiming [ with good reason] to be the most remote pub in the land

I can tell you that the Postie uses a Quad bike and delivers every other day, which might tell you something of the area

pity its not down this way, sounds like my kind of place!!Big GrinBig Grin
My kind of place too,...thats why I live where I do, its very simular, just a few more people
(17 November 2012, 19:17)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]My kind of place too,...thats why I live where I do, its very simular, just a few more people

i need a place with a lot LESS people!!Tongue and the money to buy it as well!Big Grin
We often have islands for sale,... they sound like the kind of place you are after,...or maybe the Cullin mountain range on Skye,.. they are for sale now
nope, dont think so, too far north for me, i love my Devon homeland, mind you if it was in Devon i'd jump at the chance.
Better get your boots out NR, if you're heading up to Knoydart. As Highlander says, only access is by boat from Mallaig to Inverie (the only real settlement), or you walk in from Kinloch Hourn. But if you go there, you won't want to leave!
Pages: 1 2