Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Make the most of the heavy rain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
why not take the oppotunity to test out your wateproof Jacket, Trousers, Gaitors, Boots and Rucksacks whilst this heavy rain is here.
After all if climate changes means this sort of heavy prolonged rain and its associated flooding is going to become more common each year we need to ensure our kit is up to the job.

EG I didnt used my main water proof tonight when walking the Were-terrier I just used my DPM smock that was sprayed with a silicon waterproofing compound, it stayed mainly dry but a bit of damp got through on the shoulders, thats after a 25 minute walk, so how sogging would i be if i was bugging out overnight in the pouring rain??
Gonna take the kids a walk up a dormant volcano that's is nxt to the town I stay so will get all the gear tried out ( it's quite boggy )
And see how the boys(5 & 8) get on with the walk
I walk the dogs on the hills every day, come rain or shine,...I get to try my wetproofs several times a week it seems
This is a good point that I've been thinking recently.....while walking to my new job's training, in the rain.

I need at least 1 pair of waterproof trousers! All my waterproof trousers are padded to keep me warm in subzero temps.
I keep hitting the same problem with waterproof leggings, I always get to hot when I'm wearing them for any length of time.
i wear my Barbour jacket in the rain, thats why i got it, just bought us both some waterproof gaiters.
There is still a very good reason to wear a poncho for heavy rain,... for those who either dont have waterproof trousers or find them hot,.. then a poncho might be the answer, rain runs off away from the legs,...