Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Milliband & ChumbaWumba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bugging-out.This,almost fanciful,concept that exists in our imaginations.Bugging-in.Let's remain within our comfort-zone and minimize the risks.No unknowns.No coming unstuck when confronted by the reality.The reality being?Land-squatting,surely?How many of us own remote parcels of land at high(ish)elevations?Preferably forested.Just a personal preference.I like close,deep timber.So,what this means,in practice,is some 'spot' earmarked by us as a bug-out location.Some 'spot' on land not owned by us.Few of us will have the means to own such a 'spot'.Some could seek permission with varying degrees of success..Property rental might work,but as we can't predict with certainty when the 'event(s)' will occur...might still be worth a stab if,in the case of Israel-Iran,things hot up and we rent a holiday let at short notice.Low-income city dwellers may decide to bug-out along canal towpaths.Where would they be headed?Forestry Commission land would be a good bet,I'd say.Safer than private land which is more likely to be jealously guarded.
In my head I'm seeing the many,many inept bug-outs of the(probable)near-future and I'm laughing so loud the neighbours would be able to hear me if there were any.Such a good job as I do so despise neighbours.Imagining in vivid detail this sheeple Ed Milliband lookalike pulling SOMEBODY from his BOV.Tears of joy in my eyes.All in good fun,though.It could be ME that Milliband and ChumbaWumba get,but HIGHLY,HIGHLY unlikely.
It depends on where your start out place is,... your idea of `bugging-in` is sound if you were not in a big city,... if you are already in the city, then to remain you would need to be well stocked up and quiet, hoping to stay undiscovered untill the riots and the looting quieten down and people started to move away,... great, your choice to stay put has worked,... sadly though you now find yourself in the same boat as those that have just left,.. your food and water is running out and the others have already taken everything... you need to bug-out to survive,... you will be hoping that there are not as many killers around that there was at the start,.... and you wish you had acted earlier

If you already live outside the city, maybe even close to that wooded area,.. then I believe you have made the right choice,... you know your area, how to move around it, where to find what, and when, you have reserves hidden, there are a lot less people around to find whats yours,... most people dont think your place will have much, so most have moved on to another big city,... you have survived
Threats posed by other humans is the single thread running survivalist forums.It just feels too abstract.I don't see the broadhead going in.I don't see the much talked about 'bloody iron' getting blooded.Mostly,it's 'bugging-out'.Bugging out,in the true sense,could be that guy in the film 'Paris,Texas',who walks the railroad tracks 24/7.People gridlocked on the M25 getting up and just walking off into the fields and out of their lives.Would they wash up in a sitka plantation hundreds of miles distant?Maybe we should all bug-out NOW and get the WAITING over.Pine-needle tea,anyone?