Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What PC operating system do you use
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Quick poll please, just wondering what operating system you folks prefer / use to access the web etc
Win 95 / ME
Win XP
Win Vista
Win 7
Win 8
MAC
Other
I have Vista as that is what the computer comes with. I use Ubuntu quite a bit to mess around - a linux based system. When I want to do some serious linux based messing around I use Opensuse as Ubuntu restricts a lot of commands you can do and what you can get out of the power of a linux based system.

Unless you know you are a geek, or you have the kind of mind that enjoys doing maths and code breaking whilst learning disparate languages, do not bother with any linux distro other than Ubuntu if you want to try something different. Completely different file structure to windows and very differing commands for using command line (think old DOS input).

A benefit to knowing linux is most machines and big pieces of comercial software run off linux or unix (which linux is based on) backed systems.
My phone, would love to use a pc, could upload some decent threads then
Windows 7
(29 November 2012, 23:06)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]My phone, would love to use a pc, could upload some decent threads then

you dont do that bad pal
Got to keep it short with the phone its a pain, but thanks. Busy at the minute but as soon as I have time will upload some proper stuff
XP and W7
(29 November 2012, 23:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]XP and W7

I thought you still used Enigma you old git, off air for a week cos your valve operated houseized PC overheated.
win 7 on desktop and Mac book
Mobile phone
Was using xp
Pages: 1 2 3