Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How to Make Your Own Homemade Pepper Spray
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This article is for information and amusement only you must never make such a thing or you'll get in real bad trouble for being so naughty.

It doesn’t matter if you live in a dangerous part of town, work in an area where you feel threatened or live in an area where bears and dogs may attack, pepper spray can be a great tool for personal safety. The good news is that you can make your own homemade pepper spray with a few simple ingredients and in relatively little time. It does need to be said however, that pepper spray is a self defense product only and it should only be used when you feel that your life is in danger and you need to be able to get away from your attacker, be it human or not.

Before reading below, please note: Making your own pepper spray is potentially dangerous and may risk serious injury or death. We are only providing information and take no responsibility for your actions. We encourage you to do additional research on this subject and take the responsible steps to be sure that you don't accidentally spray yourself, or cause anything to explode. You are dealing with dangerous ingredients, ie: rubbing alcohol, cayenne pepper so be sure you know what you're doing before you proceed to make your own pepper spray.

To make your own homemade pepper spray you will need the following ingredients/supplies:

2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
Rubbing alcohol
Baby oil
Clean white cloth
Small glass
Second small glass
Small spray bottle

First you will need to put the cayenne pepper into the small glass and then cover with rubbing alcohol until it is about 2cm above the pepper. Stir the alcohol and pepper for three to five minutes. Add an ounce of the baby oil to the glass and stir for two minutes.

Place the small thin cloth over the top of the glass and pour the contents through the cloth into the other glass, allowing the cloth to catch any large pieces of pepper that remain. This will keep the spray bottle from becoming clogged. What is in the second glass is your homemade pepper spray. It is usually a dark brown or red color and doesn’t have a pleasant odor. Once you have completed this process you need to pour the liquid into an empty spray bottle. Put the cap on and then you are ready to use your pepper spray whenever you feel the need to protect yourself.

This pepper spray works well because it is not water based. Water based products generally don’t work as well as the cayenne pepper breaks down in the water. The oil and the alcohol ensure that this does not happen and also ensures that when the substance gets into the eyes of the attacker that it will sting bad enough that they will be stopped in their tracks.

It’s important to take steps to ensure that you can not spray your homemade pepper spray accidentally. This is a substance that needs to be used only under the most extreme circumstances because when it comes in contact with the eyes, the nose and the mouth, it is very painful and uncomfortable. Please understand that these effects can last for up to 45 minutes, even an hour. Accidentally spraying yourself or someone else would not just be inconvenient, it could be painful. If possible, ensure that the spray bottle that you use has a protective cover or cap so that it cannot be discharged unintentionally.
Categories

http://www.buy-pepper-spray-today.com/ho...spray.html

Just another idea from somewhere else... somebody made a bucket load and used a super soaker water pistol for delivery... crowd control??
Aparently if you also add black pepper it induces a coughing effect as well... whos up for spraying themselves in the face???
Apparently they sell concentrated concentrated capsasin on Ebay whatever that is...
I think its for your home cooking???
Don't forget, I have not attempted to make, nor am I suggesting that anybody makes this stuff as I'm sure it'd be illegal.
I just saw the article and thought you may find it interesting from a technically educational point of view.
nice-that ones going into my cook book-cheers pal
Your imaginary cookbook I hope...
No law breaking around here....
one thing i've learned concerning the law is, guns arent illegal, fireing pins are!! i've no intention in making any pepper spray. but i have every intention in prepping for the event in which i do. there's plans and instructions for all sorts online, thats what tptb cant stand is that with the invention of the web. they cant police 2 thirds of what the use to police. no control of truth means no control of the people. the people have now been armed with knowledge, and you can bet your kukri that learning how to help your self will soon become an offence of some way or another. so until (tshtf) i aim to learn as much as poss. SmileCoolAngel
personaly i keep a bottle of wasp killer handy. it travels further, is more lethal and is not illegal a long as it was not placed as a weapon and as long as you were in your own home when defending your self.
We used balsamic vinegar and water and threw it on a particularly annoying french kid at school, worked a treat straight in his eyes. Stopped harrasing us after that.
I was looking at a seed catalogue recently and some of the chilli seed packets were labelled 'For Use In Pepper Spray, not suitable for food use'....blimey!Huh
Odd, as the Dorset Naga, which held (and may still do) the record for hottest chilli (which would be highest concentration of capsicum) does get used for food. Naga chillis are used at some of the restaurants and take aways I go to - although you have to ask for the dishes, most do not have them on menu for fear of being sued.

Could only imagine that some of the chillis in the catalogue have no taste other than hot.
(11 December 2012, 23:52)BDG Wrote: [ -> ]Odd, as the Dorset Naga, which held (and may still do) the record for hottest chilli (which would be highest concentration of capsicum) does get used for food. Naga chillis are used at some of the restaurants and take aways I go to - although you have to ask for the dishes, most do not have them on menu for fear of being sued.

Could only imagine that some of the chillis in the catalogue have no taste other than hot.

I think that some chillis have been grown for pepper spray/chemical deterants and that these chillis just don't have the taste you would expect of a cooking chilli. The Dorest Naga is likely to be the father of all chillis and some of those children chillies have been developed to be anything but an entertaining and novel curry ingredient.Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Bhut_Jolokia

Look at this bad boy!
(12 December 2012, 11:24)SealDriver Wrote: [ -> ]The Dorest Naga is likely to be the father of all chillis and some of those children chillies have been developed to be anything but an entertaining and novel curry ingredient.Wink
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Bhut_Jolokia

Look at this bad boy!

It is Dorset - it was grown in Dorset from a seed saved from what must have been a naga bought at an ethnic supermarket on the south coast by Michael Michaud. If you ever watched any of the River Cottage stuff, he was Hugh's beardy american mate.
Pages: 1 2