Survival UK Forums

Full Version: A promise and apology from NR
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Guys and Ladies for the sake of this great forum I promise I will never post again so there is no reason why Light Speed cannot return and supply you folks with the information and advice you seek. I’ve got so many knives sticking out of my back I can hardly turn around and I would have to change my name to Julius Caesar.

Shays dad, Mike Alpha 3041, Barney, Bug out Bag, Prepper 1, Garyswift, Light Speed, Metroyeti, Straight shooter, Beardyman, Mandlaka, The Local Ned and Prepper John I am truly sorry I have offended you all so much and I get your message most clearly.
I've clearly been very mistaken for a very long time.

I do honestly hope you can persuade Light Speed to come back the forum membership needs more people like him and less like me.
Again sorry to those so highly offended.
NR

I did not say that you had offended me, if you read my post you will see that I said that LS would be a sad loss to the forum -which I believe to be true and I made no mention of you. He has tried very hard to simplify what is actually a very complex technology, to which there is no quick fix and no one size fits all.

For what it is worth I think that you leaving the forum is also a sad loss. I have enjoyed reading and have learned loads from your posts and I will miss them.

It is a real shame that both of you have taken the decision to leave the forum. If only you could both agree to disagree and move on, continuing to give your valuable advice in the areas/subjects in which you each excel then the forum would be a richer place for it and many people could continue to learn from you both.

Hopefully after a brief cooling off period you will both find it in you to return.
(14 December 2012, 12:27)gary5wift Wrote: [ -> ]NR

I did not say that you had offended me, if you read my post you will see that I said that LS would be a sad loss to the forum -which I believe to be true and I made no mention of you. He has tried very hard to simplify what is actually a very complex technology, to which there is no quick fix and no one size fits all.

For what it is worth I think that you leaving the forum is also a sad loss. I have enjoyed reading and have learned loads from your posts and I will miss them.

It is a real shame that both of you have taken the decision to leave the forum. If only you could both agree to disagree and move on, continuing to give your valuable advice in the areas/subjects in which you each excel then the forum would be a richer place for it and many people could continue to learn from you both.

Hopefully after a brief cooling off period you will both find it in you to return.

can't say much more than this hit the nail on the head
Why does everyone have to fall on their sword?

What happened to a good old apology and a promise to think before you post in future.

NR you have a lot of information that needs to be passed on. I'm hoping you reconsider and return.
You have not offended me in the slightest

I am just very sad to see a valued member of the forum leave for any reason.

I am unaware of the thread that caused the problem in the first place because I have not been on here for a few days.

Please get over yourself
you do have alot to give NR just need to carm down abit as do i ,with the new law on this site set by the lord god SD Smile things may be better
Errr, where did we (I) post anything to imply that you have caused offence?

I think you should tone down the drama a bit - this is a prepping forum after all, not EastEnders.
NR has a lot to give the prepping community-especially the newbies, i know that i have learned a lot from him in just 3 short years! a lot of the information and lists in my folders are the result of stuff that he has posted on various sites in that time, i think a forum without NR on it will be a sorry place indeed.
i consider NR to be not only my friend but my mentor too!!Big Grin
NR, I was never offended..... no one could do that, as it's already been done by me landing of the forsaken planet.... Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

You clearly bring a wealth to the table, but please just listen now and again, it's hard lesson to learn (I had to, THE HARD way and nearly lost my family.... Blush but that's another story......) you and are are now of the "older" generation, all we can do is pass our knowledge on not wrangle over what we do and don't know! HeartHeartHeart
Nr no need to say sorry to me,lightspeeds post are interesting but I know sweet fa about coms. Hope you continue to use this forum.

If I had wanted an apolgy I would have expected you to say "i <3 torries,trade unions and labour" sorry couldnt resist :p
Pages: 1 2