Survival UK Forums

Full Version: FIshing for FIRST TIMERS .
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
kit list
1.Telescopic/travel rod 12 ft = £5.00
Small and compact
2.Bait runner reel =£5.00-£10.00 of internet doesnt need to be branded
Will alert you to a fish on the take and helps hooking
3.Lets use size 14 hooks with nylon attacthed already and barbed £2.00
faster to put together and barbed means we less likely to loose them
4.Some 6 lb line in either camo or any dark colour £2.00
Fish are not daft so we need to present our bait as covertly as poss

Right if your new to fishing i am going to offer you some of my time .. if you pick some kit up and inbox me or send me your number and i ll even call you back i will talk you through how to put the stuff together and how to present bait ... basically if i write it up here it will get discussed and torn apart by some on here and anyone wanted to learn will switch off ... as for kit you dont need to spend alot ... my poachers bag/holiday bag contains very little and i catch just as regularly as i do when i take the jeep out loaded with gear ... the key is patience and remember if you can see the fish they can see you .... i have not added floats and shot as i think in any shtf situation its better to uses whats around you as apposed to relying on gear that wont be replaceable...

Alternatively any questions and only questions put them up on this thread and i ll get right back to you ... thats questions not opinions please.
You should do an article.

Please ignore any tearers...

They only be jealous, I for one would be very grateful for an article just to refresh my memory on the subject.

I used to fish with my dad many moons ago around Stamford and Bourne area in Lincolnshire

I haven't fished since then so any advice would be gratefully received on my part anyway.

Please have a think about it!!

sd has asked the same so i must but till then just in box me any questions as fishing is vast but catching is simple ... i will start to put a simple guide together and then post it on the main page
A simple guide to fishing would be great.

Do you do fresh water or sea fishing?
both really ...the basics are the same ...i just want to help fellow preppers a bit as from sd i have learnt loads and feel bad say back and not giving a bit back .. this site is great but ego s are holding so many back ... inbox me with any questions or leave me numbers and i ll call you back .. fish are an easy protein hit in times of crisis.

excuse the spelling i am working off a speak activated module and its the work of the devil.
Well done FamilyGuy. A great piece & very helpful.

I'm not wanting to hijack a post here so apologies, but during summer months most £1 shops do a fair range of basic fishing gear. A 5ft telescopic rod, reel, line, hooks & floats & other accessories. These cheapies are ideal for an emergency kit or to let kids use without too much loss financially if they damage anything. For weights/sinkers, you can use anything you like. All it needs to do is take the hook out. Spark plugs were a favourite when I was a kid, my dad used to get them by the hundred :-)

My 1 bit of safety advice would be, don't eat anything from too far inside estuaries. All the rubbish dumped by factories etc.. gets washed down river & can cause a high build up of toxins inside your catch. Other than that, have fun.
thanks geordie stuff like this people need to know ... any other tips stick them up on here to help our fellow preppers
Just the things I was told when I 1st started fishing.

1) You don't need to have the most expensive gear.

2) When sea fishing, aim to cast at least for the 3rd or 4th breaking wave.

3) Fishing is 99% luck & 1% skill. All the skills in the world count for nothing if the fish don't swim by your hook.

Something else I do now when sea fishing aswell is put a swim feeder on my line & cram it full of stinky rancid mussel to put a good scent trail around my hook.
http://www.prepperideas.com/the-basics-of-fishing/ American, so ignore the prices but it gives you the basic idea.
I dont believe in this,.. email or PM privately,.. everyone here is on the forum to learn from others with more experience, so its here you should ply your knowledge,... not everyone might agree with you, but a different point of view is hardly tearing apart a point of view, but seeing something differently or haveing experienced something in a different way.

I would love to know more, but if its not in the public forum I will find out somewhere else if I have to
Pages: 1 2