Survival UK Forums

Full Version: 6 benefits of honey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If honey is clean, you can pour it into wounds, and debris will float out. The high sugar concentration also draws water out of bacteria, meaning it is effective even against antibiotic resistant strains that may be present in the wound. Obviously this would only work before infection has taken hold.
I have always had some Manku Honey as a medication for my dogs,... it works wonders everytime, no matter what the complaint, I have used it on wounds, sprains, infections,...or just when they are under the weather,...its not cheap, but very worthwhile storing a few jars
(27 December 2012, 13:49)Tibbs735 Wrote: [ -> ]If honey is clean, you can pour it into wounds, and debris will float out. The high sugar concentration also draws water out of bacteria, meaning it is effective even against antibiotic resistant strains that may be present in the wound. Obviously this would only work before infection has taken hold.

I had a big gash on my ankle that went black. I ripped it open when I was fannying around in the bushes. Tried honey and that didn't really help (just normal honey) so I made a donut type shape with bandages round the wound, packed it with sugar and wrapped it up.

Worked a treat. Took a couple of days but I'd stopped leaking this vile black stuff and could walk rather than hobble.