Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Ray Mears
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
new series of Ray Mears starts tonight on ITV1 at 8pm.
Shame I don't have TV.
(4 January 2013, 15:21)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Shame I don't have TV.

i'm sure it'll be on youtube fairly soon, or you could buy the book which is BOUND to "accompany the series"!!Big Grin
Cool. I might be able to stream it online. Chucked the sky box out though, I refuse to pay for the tv license when 30% of the broadcast is adverts. We plugged it in over Christmas an it did nothing but annoy me. Only decent channel are discovery, N.G an history. Rest is a waste of time!
It does seem daft that we have to pay for the bbc
Aye, I hate the BBC and the fact that you HAVE to pay for it. I don't want it, so stop broadcasting it to my house an we'll both be happy. I'll watch the free-to-air channels thanks. Waiting for the license people to cone round to check we dont have live tv on the go, but I'm an awkward fucker, so they'll have to come with the old bill and a warrant if they want to come in (and leave unharmed)
They threatened my friend with bailifs when theu knocked on his door, acusing him of watching tv ilegaly, told them to clear off n get a warrant. Not heard back but hes not concerened as he doesnt have a tv/pc but aparantly theres a radio license
(4 January 2013, 22:08)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]They threatened my friend with bailifs when theu knocked on his door, acusing him of watching tv ilegaly, told them to clear off n get a warrant. Not heard back but hes not concerened as he doesnt have a tv/pc but aparantly theres a radio license

They are cheeky swine. I find having a great big dog and a very unwelcoming attitude helps. So do the words "fuck off" before slamming the door in their face.

Not heard about the radio license!
BM you can get a dongle to plug into your pc or laptop to recieve digital tv. If there is a knock at the door, just unplug it and stick it in your pocket. Not that expensive either.
(4 January 2013, 22:37)Dorset Lad Wrote: [ -> ]BM you can get a dongle to plug into your pc or laptop to recieve digital tv. If there is a knock at the door, just unplug it and stick it in your pocket. Not that expensive either.

Yeah, I had one ages ago. Found the reception pants though. They are probably much better now. They weren't that cheap then either. I suppose it might be worth getting one to watch the odd tv program. I do miss things like the mears shows.

You have one you can reccomend?
Pages: 1 2