Survival UK Forums

Full Version: boarding up windows.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
handy little tip from the other side of the pond, it mentions sash windows, not sure how this would work with modern British double glazed windows? http://modernsurvivalblog.com/security/p...-security/

just had another look, the nut end seems to be on the outside for any intruder to unscrew, shouldnt it be on the inside? and the bolt head on the outside? just a thought.
As well as that if you look at local houses that are boarded up and derelict they usually have DD sprayed on the wood over the windows to say its a derelict dwelling.
Also when they demolish buildings they usually have "gas off" sprayed on the wall along with various symbols.
Well worth looking at for that added "this place is empty feel"
I always think that houses that are boarded up are a draw to the homless squatters, and seem to get broken into quiet often,... though I dont live in a town, so might be talking through my hat
Use roofing bolts.

Smile
(14 January 2013, 20:06)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I always think that houses that are boarded up are a draw to the homless squatters, and seem to get broken into quiet often,... though I dont live in a town, so might be talking through my hat

Hmmm theres something to consider...
I just meant for shtf though, for people looking for lived in houses and food etc...
But as you say it may well attract squatter types...
(15 January 2013, 13:38)Prepper1 Wrote: [ -> ]But as you say it may well attract squatter types...
if the S does REALLY hit the fan we'll ALL be "squatters"!!Tongue