Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Doomsday preppers - WHY?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
ok so ive been watching doomsday preppers and i just keep thinking the same thing - WHY????

WHY go through the hardship of being a prepper (hording, learning survival skills, making secret bunkers, denying yourself luxories etc) then putting it on national tv? if you want people to come to you go for it, but your basically telling everyone what you have and where it is.

WHY horde enough food to last you 20+ years when you belive the event will destroy your home and everything in/around it?

just dosent make any sense to me......
(15 January 2013, 14:03)Hex Wrote: [ -> ]ok so ive been watching doomsday preppers and i just keep thinking the same thing - WHY????

WHY go through the hardship of being a prepper (hording, learning survival skills, making secret bunkers, denying yourself luxories etc) then putting it on national tv? if you want people to come to you go for it, but your basically telling everyone what you have and where it is.

WHY horde enough food to last you 20+ years when you belive the event will destroy your home and everything in/around it?

very bad OPSEC ! Tongue
As much as its a bad thing, how many people have had there eyes opened by the show and started to prep.
(15 January 2013, 14:22)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]As much as its a bad thing, how many people have had there eyes opened by the show and started to prep.
OK, maybe the numbers might stack up, but that isnt going to help those on the show who get raided just because they wanted their "15 minutes of fame"!
(15 January 2013, 14:27)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(15 January 2013, 14:22)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]As much as its a bad thing, how many people have had there eyes opened by the show and started to prep.
OK, maybe the numbers might stack up, but that isnt going to help those on the show who get raided just because they wanted their "15 minutes of fame"!
Could have an odd effect and meet like minded people that want to help, pre-event. It's a great way to advertise a "Preppers looking for team mates" type thing.
(15 January 2013, 14:03)Hex Wrote: [ -> ]ok so ive been watching doomsday preppers and i just keep thinking the same thing - WHY????

i no mate very odd all that work and for wot ,to tell all where and and how much you got its bloody dumb ,but i do like watching it Smile
Who says all the people on the show are legit? Could be patsies for all we know. Don't believe everything you see on TV. I spent ages talking to Naomi Banant of Bullseye productions in a view to be on the UK version. Unfortunately they didn't want to "compensate" me fully for my time
best to keep your head down and not get involved with Journo's and "film" makers, i dont trust any of them, once you DO sign up " were all doomed" as corporal Frasier would say !
I dont think they're real preppers.
I think its a setup.
Actors, lovies, n all that but that is just my take on it.
They are all far to comfortable on camera for my liking.
I watched a program once about acting that said its hard to get people to stop looking at the camera, because they see it as a person they're talking too and repeatedly look at it.

Even armoured cockroach is now working with a tv production company for part two of the u.k. preppers documentary and asking for preppers who want to be on tv to get in touch...
Is it legit?
Is it a sneaky way of getting names and addresses of bad opsec preppers, who know other preppers and blab...so on....

Do YOU want to be famous and everybody know that YOU have stockpiles of food, weapons, first aid trained maybe....

Do YOU want to have your goods confiscated and redistributed?

Its weird for me, according to armoured cockroach , he was ex special forces...
That goes against everything you know for a start wanting your 15 minutes of fame.
How many ex regs on here want to go on tv.?
how many real preppers want fame?
Something fishy in it all if you ask me.

Mandarins in whitehall compiling lists of "interesting" people maybe...
Hmmmmmm....
yep, 15 minutes of fame isnt worth a lifetime of regrets!
Pages: 1 2